Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Life Sciences organisations are undergoing major change, facing new external challengers, new technology trends, internal cost pressures, and the some of the industries in the UK face an uncertain future. Leveraging our Capgemini’s strong network of clients, talent and assets, we are ideally positioned to help our clients re-invent their business models, deliver digital transformation and increase their competitiveness. With deep industry specialism in Life Sciences, combined with end business understanding, technology skills, and a highly collaborative working style, you will shape our MALS market unit by driving new business and expanding existing business.
Capgemini is hiring in the UK MALS (Manufacturing, Automotive & Life Sciences) market unit for a Life Sciences leader. This role will be fundamental in driving forward the digital agenda for our clients and their customers and we are seeking to hire a proven leader to set a visionary direction, maximise the market opportunity, drive the development of the team and deliver for our clients.
- You’ll help drive our strategy, shape our offers, develop our capability within the Life Science segment of the MALS market unit and lead sales and delivery work with new and existing clients.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships (ideally at either GSK or Astra Zeneca) and your own network to drive our ambition to treble our revenues in the sector over the next 2 years.
- Lead a specific Life Sciences Account
- As well as defining the target shape and composition of the MALS market unit team and recruiting consultants, you’ll be mentoring other members of the team to ensure their effective development.
- Engaging with existing and potential clients – developing relationships with senior members of the Life Sciences Sector
- Drive consulting and technology offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely. This will require bringing together our full portfolio of offers from Capgemini Invent, Applications, Cloud Infrastructure, Business Services, Digital and Engineering Altran (our new acquisition).
- Ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects in alignment with commercial goals.
- Externally in the market, you’ll bring the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board / senior management relationships.
You’ll bring deep Life Sciences sector expertise including consumer, pharma, medtech, manufacturing and supply chain.
To be successful you’ll bring strong personal skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills. You’ll have a natural ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior executives and possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll enjoy building and managing a team, providing direction and helping others to develop. You’ll demonstrate professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. You’ll combine the commitment to own and deliver outstanding work with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
You will also have experience of delivering end to end P&L – either for an account, or for a sector within previous organisations.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.