Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
A really exciting time to join the HMRC Market Unit (HMRC MU) as we go through significant transformation. Learning and Development is key to ensuring the MU can achieve its business objectives and growth ambitions. The successful candidate will deliver a leading L&D strategy that supports the MU’s business priorities and suited to the specific needs of the MU, whilst aligned to the overall UK L&D strategy. They will be implementing learning interventions in all layers of the business, from new starters, to our manager/leader population, to high performers, to ensure a robust L&D offering which provides personal development opportunities, is rooted in business need, and measured in line with business performance metrics.
As the HMRC MU Learning and Development Business Partner you will work closely with the HR Director and other key business leads in helping to create a learning roadmap that supports technical certification, development of in-house academies and accelerates virtual learning for our talent. You will be an integral part of the wider HR team working closely with the business to support and develop learning initiatives and driving best practice in Learning and Development. The role is also part of the wider Capgemini UK Learning and Development community where you will liaise with colleagues to share best practice and find common objectives to support joint programmes of delivery.
We're looking for an individual that is truly passionate about learning and development and keeps a keen eye on new and evolving industry trends. Ideally CIPD qualified, you would have a solid background and proven experience of how L & D can support strategic business objectives. Confidence and excellent communication skills are essential, as this role will specifically involve talking to people at all levels. You should have a proven ability to manage your own time effectively and meet tight deadlines, and a pro-active approach to challenges and problems solving. You will need an appreciation of internal processes and systems, and the development resources available across the Group, experience of Microsoft Office products would be beneficial.
• Engaging with stakeholders across the business areas to understand the business need and support development plans. Become a trusted advisor to the business on all L&D related matters.
• Communicate and promote the development resources available to our talent.
• Manage the L&D portfolio within commercial constraints and broader KPIs of the business.
• Identify trends and report HMRC MU L&D activity.
• Lead and deliver L&D elements of HMRC MU HR priorities
• A wealth of experience in L&D to bring knowledge of best practice and market trends to create a top-class L&D function.
• Develops sustainable relationships at middle and top management level and use them to proactively help in the management of the business
• A positive attitude and a passion for delivery, leveraging strong interpersonal skills to delivery top quality work as part of a strong team dynamic.
• Capable of giving persuasive formal presentations to management teams and represent Capgemini in external professional bodies thereby enhancing our reputation and developing a national network.
• Quick to recognise emerging offerings in own area: leads efforts to develop collateral and update work practices where appropriate
• Understands the benefits and financial impact of the area on Capgemini UK, managing associated risks.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/