Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be a critical part of an HR Team within the Consulting part of our business at Capgemini and part of wider learning and development teams in the UK and globally. Your clients will be our consultants at all levels of the business, including senior leadership, so you will need to be comfortable working at all levels of our business.
The focus of your role
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our learning and development function acts as a strategic enabler of our business, from anticipating and understanding our clients’ requirements, and translating these into development strategies, through to working with our leadership team to respond to employee feedback survey. You’ll also be responsible for shaping and reinforcing our cultural values around learning and development. You’ll work very closely with our HR Business Partner teams, in recognition of the fact that development, performance and career are intrinsically linked.
What you’ll do
- Design, own and manage our development strategy, including working with senior leadership team to shape, and gain buy-in.
- Shape and drive our culture of continuous learning, and create a culture which esteems learning
- Make spend decisions and manage and maximise a significant development budget.
- Design and deliver specific interventions to meet the needs of our organisation.
- Use management information to inform and influence our leadership team and support decision making processes.
- Influence our leadership team and work directly with our talent to ensure that the right development interventions are identified, and the investment is secured
- Guide and develop the extended learning and development team in Nairn and Kolkatta
What you’ll bring
- This is a highly strategic role, so you will need to bring a strategic mindset and approach, along with the practical and organisational skills to make the strategy a reality.
- You’ll be working with stakeholders at the highest levels of our organisation, so you’ll need exceptional communications skills and strong personal credibility.
- Our organisation can feel complicated and there are multiple stakeholders and demands on this role so an ability to juggle conflicting demands and stakeholders is essential.
- The pace of our organisation is fast, so excellent organisational skills will stand you in great stead to make an impact.
- You’ll need to manage a significant budget so attention to detail is essential as well as the ability to prioritise activities.
- Sometimes you’ll need to make decisions without the knowledge you might feel you need, so common sense and a pragmatic approach are a requirement.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development and career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you. You’ll be working in an incredible team, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape this role and our strategy whilst working towards your own professional goals. After all, you need to lead by example!
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply