An overview of the role
Capgemini provides a service to a UK Public Sector organisation. As part of a multi-source delivery model, Capgemini is responsible for managing the delivery of cross-service operations functions from a number of suppliers providing: end user computing, hosting, service desk and network services.
Asset management plays a key role underpinning the service. The Asset management team is responsible for the governance of Capgemini’s own assets in accordance with the client’s process and policies.
The Asset and Configuration Manager collaborates and works closely with Configuration management and Change management functions alongside Business Service Managers, Service Desk, clients and suppliers. The Asset and Configuration Manager is responsible for driving improvement within Asset Management and Service Integration.
The role is client facing and is also required to contribute to the development and deployment of an ITIL aligned process, and configuration of the underlying ITSM toolset.
• Ensures the delivery of the SACM service for the account
• Registers and/or ensures registration of new Assets / CIs;
• Ensures Service Delivery teams who directly support the CIs and assets are following the prescribed SACM lifecycle processes and related Install, Move, Add and Change (IMAC) processes to communicate change to the CMDB and ensure all updates are maintained in a timely and accurate manner;
• Ensures the proper relationships as defined in the agreed Configuration Models are managed and maintained; this includes (but is not limited to) people, IT components, and contracts;
• Audits the CMDB as planned in the Audit Schedule to ensure accuracy – via physical or auto-scans; proactively identifying discrepancies and driving same to closure to maintain accuracy of the CMDB and enforce SACM / Change Management process and policies;
• Maintains SACM lifecycle process; executes Quality Assurance over SACM process and policies;
• Provides SACM Service Level Agreement reporting, both operational and ad-hoc reports as required and agreed;
• Follows and champions SACM process & technology standards;
• Monitor’s and assists service delivery in enforcing defined SACM policies;
• Works closely with the Change Manager to ensure that CI changes / updates are reflected in the CMDB in a timely manner;
• Manages the on-going updates to the CMDB – via manual or automated processes;
• Managing contract related information associated with the hardware assets including master lease and lease schedules, asset warranty and maintenance terms.
• Manage software licensing information.
The jobholder may be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with their grade and position in the Company.
Candidates will need to be confident in their own ability and have a very good all-round understanding of IT. The successful candidate will need to be process driven, be able to deliver to deadlines and possess flexibility and a collaborative approach.
• General knowledge of desktop products, procurement and operational delivery of services.
• MS Office skills in Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of the use of ServiceNow (desirable)
• Asset and Configuration Management experience
• Quality documentation and report writing ability.
• General Management skills (Time management, Communication Skills, Staff Management etc.)
• Experience of managing meetings and facilitation skills
• Excellent documentation and report writing ability
• Flexibility and ability to cope with pressure situations
• Knowledge of better practice methodologies (ITIL, Deliver etc.).
• Excellent communications skills required
• Excellent organisational skills
• Desire to succeed and to drive improvement on behalf of Capgemini and the Client
• Must be confident and have good leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Experience of leading teams
• Experience of working with 3rd parties
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Knowledge of the working practices and infrastructure within Data Centres, Operations Centres and Service Desks
• Experience of implementing Asset and Configuration management
• Familiarity with Financial regulations
• Good understanding of the IS Business
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.