Cumbria with flexible working 2days a week in office
An overview of the role
Working as part of the Account Service Delivery team, with a direct line to the UK Engineering Manager and assignment reporting line to the Account Lead Architect, the candidate will have specialist platform expertise and be able to:
- Rapidly identify and assist in resolving technical delivery issues before they begin to impact live services
- Develop problems into viable solutions and drive initiatives that will improve delivery quality
- Work with the account lead architect, GOL, SDM and CTO on pre/post-sales opportunities, considering external factors (e.g. regulations, third parties etc), service delivery SLAs and contractual agreements
- Provide technical oversight and governance over projects to ensure that change brought by those projects will not adversely affect the live services
- Identify and mitigate technical risk to run services
- Work with problem and incident management (leading and owning where necessary) on activities focused on resolution and root cause analysis
- Oversee technical change activities (leading and owning where necessary)
- Proactively perform customer and internal stakeholder management, fostering trust
The account-based candidate will be chiefly responsible for their specialist platform area of expertise; however, the work is varied and shall therefore cover a wide breadth of technologies. Thus, a broad range of operational, solution design, implementation, and service delivery experience are essential.
Ensure the successful Run and development of services delivered by Capgemini to the Customer by providing:
- Strategic planning, roadmaps, and lifecycle management of both hardware & software platforms
- Business case development & initiative formulation
- Continual Service Improvements (CSI) & Continual platform assessment for improvements converted into innovation and relevant offers
- Clear understanding and responsibility of scope and nature of the change
- Design work as required – for example, developing/supporting the low-level design of any proposed solution and demonstrating any impact on the overall client landscape
- Understanding of and ascertaining SME requirements early in project and work phases alongside the Project Manager/Service Delivery Manager therefore enabling the submission of accurate resource requests
- Understanding of, and the ability to work within the operational cost base. All recommendations and proposals must be in within the accounts budget
- Effective communication between the client and delivery team of any technical issues
- Identification and mitigation of any technology risks
- Knowledge of standard Global Practice Infrastructure Offers (GIO) that will enhance the Capgemini service offering for Infrastructure propositions
- Interpretation and the application of global standards into local requirements.
The candidate will have expertise and specific platform knowledge in their own area, and will also have:
- Strong written and verbal skills, with excellent presentation skills
- Awareness and understanding of ITIL concepts to ensure that Capgemini architecture documents consistently promote ITIL standards
- The ability to simplify concepts and pitch at different target audiences. Including the ability to translate from an ‘implementation’ to ‘run’ scenario and create a relevant document set
- The ability to create high level design documents
- Excellent client skills, working with the account Run Architecture Lead/UK GOL and CTO on pre/post-sales opportunities
- An understanding of RightShore and “Shift left delivery models”
- A full understanding of client business needs and requirements; therefore, able to manage customer expectations against these requirements accordingly
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com