An overview of the role:
We are currently looking for a Lead Delivery Manager, to join our team in London. At frog we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
This is a unique opportunity to join a cohort of product managers, designers and technologists, helping to grow and shape our delivery practice as well as coaching our clients in their adoption of product-centric, Agile ways of working. This is effectively a “player-manager” role. While you’ll work on specific client projects, you’ll also be responsible for embedding good delivery practice into the studio and across other projects. You’ll have the ability to set new standards; formalising processes and models that others can adopt and learn from.
As a Delivery Manager you’ll work across all stages of the product lifecycle: from inception to proof of concept, to full build and then launch and grow in-market. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to our approach and define our delivery model for new opportunities, promoting proven practices and ways of working in a variety of client and multi-vendor programmes of work. Within client projects, you’ll work closely with our broader team of Strategists, Designers, and Developers, with some teams being a blend of onshore and offshore from the wider Capgemini group. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk and highly technical products and services. A key aspect of the role will be how you communicate and influence both the frog team and our clients, as well as your confidence in frequently engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Work on some cutting-edge projects, making sure they run like clockwork
- Work very closely with a great mix of clients and some of the biggest players across the telecoms, banking and travel industries, amongst many other sectors
- Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get high-quality products built and shipped and into users hands as fast as we can.
- Lead multi-skilled teams consisting of Product Managers, Designers, Frontend and Backend Developers, Testers and strategic Technologists.
- Define, create and embed a culture of high quality delivery at frog through robust working practices and processes
- Be both an internal and external evangelist of Agile and quality practices at frog
- Assist with our hiring effort and mentor new team members as we continue to grow and mature
- Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. As a Delivery Manager you’ll be an integral part of the build and go-to-market team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement and we’ll expect you to embrace and further shape this.
- Excellent communication skills and want to work in a team. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, shape products and launch services. We’re all responsible for the success of the project
- Deep knowledge and experience of lean, agile and scrum practices, with the ability and desire to coach others in these good practices within our team and our extended client team
- Strong track record of successful product / project delivery in a consultancy, agency or multi-party environment. This includes the ability to estimate, develop and execute short term and longer term plans and roadmaps, working with teams in several locations.
- Experience in successfully leading cross-functional design and technology teams, proactively managing dependencies and overcoming obstacles, protecting the team and making sure they collaborate and focus on what is most important to deliver value
- Excellent client facing & stakeholder management skills, with experience of being the main point of responsibility and escalation on a high profile project.
- Commercial savviness and supreme organisation skills.
- Experience managing more than one project or team simultaneously
- Plenty of experience running meetings and Agile ceremonies (standups, retros and demos) and preferably the odd workshop
- Good technical competency with a solid grasp of modern software development processes and the ability to speak with technical members of the team and client in depth to identify and help unblock obstacles.
- Experience of working with teams to improve performance, including having the right tools deploy when things are going so good
- A passion for feedback, continuous improvement and developing good team habits and rituals.
- Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
- Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it?), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
frog and Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/