Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to operations and execution and with an unstinting focus on results.
A number of factors are permanently changing the Financial Services industry. In this challenging environment, Financial Services players must rethink their business and operating model. Through its longstanding client relationships and its strong convictions about intelligent business practices, Capgemini Invent has developed an expertise that is renowned in the financial services industry.
The focus of your role:
Consultant/Lead Consultants in Capgemini Invent play a leading role on client projects at the intersection of business and IT. You are particularly active in developing, implementing and improving business practices and processes. You must be comfortable engaging with and coaching stakeholders in the delivery of business improvement projects and you have an analytical and structured mindset with a can-do attitude and a drive to succeed.
What you’ll do:
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions for driving business improvement in our financial services clients with experience uplift, revenue growth, efficiency improvement and risk management
- Conduct current and future state business and process analysis, develop solution options, process models, business cases and roadmaps
- Develop business requirements working with client functional owners, subject matter experts and Capgemini business and technology experts working in agile teams
- Support realisation of business benefits through implementation of technology solutions and adoption
What you’ll bring:
- 2-5 years’ experience in business analysis, process analysis and improvement, ideally in a consulting environment
- Experience in financial services, ideally banking
- Experience in one or more financial services domains, ideally retail lending, financial crime, risk & compliance
- Strong client-facing skills including top notch written and verbal communication
- Business improvement with workflow and automation
- Experience with workflow platforms such as Pega and Fenergo
- Experience with Signavio or similar enterprise grade process modelling tools
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.