At Capgemini Group, we are proud of our purpose “Unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future”. Our success is measured through our value creation, and our overall positive impact.
Capgemini Invent is the digital innovation, transformation and consulting global business line of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on value creation.
The focus of your role:
We’re looking for a Lead Agile Coach who will provide guidance, mentoring and coaching to Scrum masters, Product Owners, IT managers, executives, and other agile transformational stakeholders with excellent listening and facilitation skills.
Agile, Lean, XP, Kanban skills in the team level is MUST.
SAFe, LeSS or Scrum@Scale will be highly preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a trusted advisor to organizations when guiding them through their Lean/Agile transformation, including the use of scaling frameworks and able to help organizations identify their value stream(s)
- Work with senior leaders, cxo’s to define strategies and roadmaps for transitioning to Lean/Agile practices
- Lead the coaching activities across one-to-many functional areas
- Lead workshops & training sessions to educate individuals on Agile values, principles, and practices
- Facilitate Agile release execution and planning events across multiple teams
- Mentor and pair with change agents within client organizations on becoming true Lean/Agile champions
- Coach and mentor vendor teams on influencing organizational change and removing transformational impediments
- Support sales-based activities through participation in proposal creation/presentation and on-site visits to perspective clients
- Able to manage their own work stream relatively independently and leads others in their stream
- Keep abreast of trends and developments relevant to their professional expertise
- Proactively participate in internal business development activities and support
- Build healthy client relationship and actively identify and qualify sales opportunities
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated track record in delivering large and complex engagements ideally in technology consulting
- Experience across Agile and adaptive delivery models and mindsets
- Enjoy solving complex tasks while working in an orderly and mannered fashion
- Pleasure in combining technological Know-How with strategic analysis and realization
- Considerable reliability, team spirit and fit for a worldwide leading Consultancy
- Demonstrated track record in delivering large and complex engagements
- Ability to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals
- Experience working with CxO and senior stakeholders to define IT Strategies
- Effective communicator who works with a range of stakeholders and partners
- Knowledge of contemporary IT delivery practices – Agile, DevOps, clouds
- Experience in leading delivery and technology teams in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Extensive experience in developing client roadmaps
- Strong skills in negotiation, commercial awareness, solution proposition
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.