L7 Masters in Digital and Enterprise Architecture – Junior Architect Hybrid Working 2022
Location : Telford
Start Date: June 2022
Are you a motivated individual, seeking an exciting and fulfilling challenge leading and assisting in transformational change? We are looking for graduates who aspire to become architects and want to progress their academic qualifications to a master’s level. Join us and you’ll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key. You will join a global leader in technology services and have the opportunity to drive your own career and take it in the direction that is right for you, with endless opportunities across the globe.
The Focus of Your Role
As an architect in our UK Architecture Team, you will be focussed on turning our client’s business challenges into technical solutions. You will be joining a dynamic and growing team, advising our clients as they grow their business using innovative technology solutions. Architect’s shape and define business needs into solutions for our clients, these solutions are used to transform business requirements into technical solutions, with supporting project plans, detailed design, and informed technical risk analysis.
You will work with a client through all stages of a project, from presales consultancy, through to delivery, ‘go live’ and beyond. You will provide technical leadership and support to Programme Directors, Engagement Managers and technical teams. As an Architect, you must earn the position as a trusted advisor to our client and the conscience of our team.
What you will do;
• Work on some of the most leading-edge cloud-native and hybrid architectures in development today.
• Work towards taking end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
• Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your vision and make the best use of current development practices.
• Collaborate with our clients’ architecture teams and their review boards.
• Maintain technical relationships with our technology partners.
• Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as to Capgemini colleagues.
• Contribute and participate in the Capgemini community of architects.
• Continually develop your architecture skills through training, internal and industry certifications.
• Study for an MSC in Digital and Enterprise Architecture.
• As an Architect you are expected to exhibit role model behaviours that inspire and motivate your team
• Work with local schools to inspire students through several of our initiatives such as innovative ways to look at technologies or mentoring programmes.
• This is an intensive development plan over 2 years that will enable you to have the technical and soft skills needed for the role.
As a vital part of our business, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards, and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
What you will bring:
• We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
• A bachelor’s degree, a Computer Science or related STEM degree.
• A knowledge of industry tooling such as Cloud Technologies such as AWS/Azure/GCP, docker, Kubernetes, O365, Linux, java, Scala, Spring Boot, Python, SQL, database tooling, power platform, networks, web design & Hosting – would be advantageous.
• 1-2 years of industry experience in an IT field.
• Most importantly, we want people with an appetite for learning new technologies and to be passionate about constant development.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
• Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
• Developing stakeholder and conflict management skills.
• Plenty of drive, curiosity, and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills.
• A self-starter mentality, to take ownership of your career and drive it forwards.
• Passion for technology, desire to build a career in Architecture, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative technologies. Capgemini believes that digital transformation should benefit all of humanity. Capgemini intends to be a benchmark in terms of its contribution to society, not just for its own activities but for those of its customers too, fighting exclusion and acting to promote diversity, ensuring equal opportunities and the preservation of natural resources. The very heart of the Group’s purpose is to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all, enabled by technology, drawing on the energy of its talents and also the talents of its customers and partners.
What we’ll offer you
• You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted.
• Long term, professional and accelerated development, and career progression, in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini.
• So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to be able to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
Colleagues now work more flexibly in time and location, including from home, allowing a better work-life balance and greater empowerment.
- Company-provided equipment, such as desk chairs to ensure colleagues working from home do so safely and comfortably
- New working practices to encourage social interaction and strengthen relationships in the new normal
- Guidance and training to support well-being, notably through a global platform, including the right to disconnect so for a healthy work-life balance.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution does not fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive, and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours, or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of. At Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.