Title: Kubernates Architect (9028281_770663)
Location: Charlotte, NC (presently WFH – relocation required post-pandemic)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
- Be a subject matter expert on container orchestration technologies microservices cloud native development and DevOps solutions and best practices
- Deploy Kubernetes on prem and to various public clouds AWS Azure GCP
- Design and deploy containerized workload solutions on Kubernetes
- Design containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns including cloud ready distributed application architectures migrating workloads to containers containerized development workflows and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration CI and continuous delivery CD pipelines
- Work experience in container orchestration container registries container build strategies and microservices on container platforms
- Design and lead complex large scale application containerization microservices development monolithic to microservices migration projects in challenging customer environments
- Helping and mentoring other consultants learn DevOps and container technologies and processes Applying new technologies frameworks or methodologies to containerized application development and deployments
- Assist in presales discovery and solutions development
- 10 years of software architecture experience 4 of those years specifically focused on cloud ready application design and deployment
- Experience with container technologies i e Docker Kubernetes Containered rkt etc
- Experience with Microservices development Well versed with Apache Spark Hadoop and other Big Data technologies
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes application deployment building blocks ie Deployments Services Persistent Volumes and Config Maps
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes operational building blocks i e Kube API Kube Scheduler Kube Controller Manager ETCD etc
- Familiarity with various Kubernetes container registries
- Knowledge of Kubernetes networking monitoring and logging solutions
- Experience in setting up and running Kubernetes clusters in AWS GCP and Azure or on prem
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins Experience or familiarity with logging and monitoring dashboard tools such as ELK stack Splunk Fluentd Grafana and Prometheus
- Familiarity with various Kubernetes third party CRD solutions as it relates to security logging and monitoring Kubernetes clusters such as Twistlock and Dynatrace
- Experience and or familiarity with public cloud Managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon EKS GKE Google Anthos and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Solid creative problem solving skills Excellent presentation and communication skills
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.