Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Title – Kafka Developer
Location – Atlanta, GA
• 4 years of hands on implementation experience in Data streams
• Handling Kafka expertise is a must
• AWS exposure is strongly preferred
• Experience Skill Set Hands on Kafka development in Java Kafka Streams KStreams and Kafka Control center ksqlDB KTable experience
• preferred Experience with Apache Kafka Connectors KSQL and Kafka Management and cloud Event Hubs
• Experience with data pipelines and ETL
• Working knowledge on Kafka Rest proxy Creating topics setup redundancy cluster deploy monitoring tools alerts and has good knowledge of best practices
• Creating stubs for producers consumers and consumer groups for helping onboard applications from different languages platforms
• Good to have MongoDB or other NoSQL database exposure Basic scripting skills in Linux and cloud environments like AWS
• Exposure to AWS cloud with working knowledge of Kinesis and Lambda Good experience with CI CD DevOps tools
• Ability to work independently as a contributor in a team of engineers Good verbal and written communication skills
• Roles Responsibilities to implement appropriate data management decisions on Kafka Write serverless functions using AWS Lambda that is able to orchestrate data pipelines and hand off data for various consumers
• Design and implement data pipelines using Kinesis Streams Help realize a hybrid data architecture that connects various parts of the enterprise together using data infrastructure and on AWS cloud serving Contribute to code reviews and team output as an individual contributor
Kafka development in Java Kafka Streams KStreams and Kafka Control center ksqlDB KTable Apache Kafka Connectors KSQL and Kafka Management and cloud Event Hubs
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.