The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Digital Engineering provides client advisory services in Project Delivery, Software Development, System Integration and DevOps leveraging a range of open source, proprietary and emerging technologies. We partner with our clients to develop their cloud strategy, cloud-native solutions, and iPaaS integration and event streaming solutions providing innovative insight and expertise from across our global capability.
This role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne. With Christmas fast approaching, we are happy to have the successful candidate start in January 2022 to have a fresh start.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
Capgemini is looking to recruit a Kafka Developer on a Permanent Full Time basis to join our Digital Engineering team in Melbourne. A great opportunity to join our ever growing practice in working on some highly innovative and game-changing projects with our clients. You will get to demonstrate your Kafka expertise and continue to grow your knowledge by teaming up with like-minded team members.
- Design recommend best approach suited for data movement from different sources to HDFS using Apache/Confluent Kafka
- Leading in the identification, isolation, resolution and communication of problems within the production environment.
- Deployment of Kafka functionality through cloud platforms
- Configure event stores for sourcing on Kafka
- Design and Build Micro services-based components
- Design and Develop Java programs leveraging Apache Kafka APIs.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 6+ years of application integration and system development including design, coding and testing.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in installation/configuration of Apache/Confluent Kafka, including Broker, Zookeeper, Connect, MirroMaker, Streaming API, Schema Registry, source and sink connectors, etc.
- Confluent Kafka Developer Certification is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience on Kafka custom connectors and working through Kafka REST proxy.
- Strong experience in writing application code using Java or Node.js, and Microservices Frameworks.
- Strong experience in developing integration services to securely connect with Kafka Servers to produce/consume streaming of records.
- Proficient in integration protocols such as JMS, REST/SOAP over HTTP, SFTP etc.
- Exposure to Confluent Kafka Platform, Tools and Services.
- Experience with different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (TDD, SCRUM).
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD with tools like Jenkins, Git, Bamboo etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP) and software containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes and Docker Swarm).
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.