Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Capgemini Business Services department is one of the first and the biggest outsourcing centers in Poland providing services in 30 different languages in the areas of: finance, accounting, banking, procurement, customer care and marketing services. Business Services employs over 4000 specialists in its offices located in Krakow and Katowice.
Capgemini’s in-house agency, EDGE Creative, has over 50 copywriters, marketers, designers and developers from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
We are looking for a Junior Web Developer to join us and help us create compelling and engaging web experiences for Capgemini and its clients – some of the biggest brands in the world.
Based in Krakow, Poland, the Junior Web Developer will work in a global team with the industry’s sharpest and most experienced marketers, consultants and sales teams. The successful candidate will work together with designers, copywriters and developers on a variety of projects ranging from basic landing pages and small websites, through to internal web applications, scalable back ends. Whether you’re working for the Capgemini brand or its clients, the aim will be the same – to build compelling, responsive user experiences that adhere to industry best practices.
At EDGE Creative, being a Junior Web Developer means being able to:
- Creating professional, high-end WordPress themes and plugins will be your domain. We’ll be looking to you to be a master of this domain, which means following a global standards and trends and incorporate them into your work.
- Think ‘mobile first’. We know that mobile accounts for the biggest share of online experiences. Responsive Web Design is not a ‘nice to have’ but will be fundamental to your way of thinking and working.
- Introduce new ideas and tools. We’ll expect you to learn about new tools and provide us with an educated opinion on how, where and when they can be used to help you and your colleagues on your projects.
- Aspiring to become a better developer. We are looking for highly motivated individuals that will look to develop from Junior Web Developer to fully-fledged Web Developer within a period of 24-36 months.
What you absolutely need to have
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with WordPress (theme coding, WordPress multisite network, custom post types and taxonomies, plugins integrations)
- Experience in marketing/interactive agency or similar preferred
- Technical university degree, comparable education or adequate job experience
What would really help your application:
- Good CSS skills access browser and responsive web design technics
- Experience with WordPress plugin development
- Familiarity with GIT
- Knowledge of RESTful API concepts, client side JS frameworks (jQuery, Underscore, Backbone.js) and CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, PureCSS)
What we offer:
- Working to Agile methodologies for an internationally recognized brand alongside experienced developers from both mobile and web.
- Interesting and stable job in a vibrant atmosphere as part of a truly international team
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits package
- A generous training budget and access to a rich range of industry-leading training resources
- Day-to-day collaboration with Automattic and WP VIP teams
- Friendly, welcoming working environment populated by expats, recent grads and agency-seasoned creatives.
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients – known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages.
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen philosophy.
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ACCA, Prince2, PMP). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities.
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives.
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program).
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities.