Who you’ll be working with
As one of the leading SAP Integrators, we are expanding our development capability to work on exciting projects using the latest SAP technologies, including S/4HANA, UI5, Gateway and Fiori.
We are looking for ABAP developers to join the team, deliver leading SAP solutions and grow their career with Capgemini, starting as a developer and over time moving into design and lead roles.
The focus of your role
Specifically, the roles will be project driven where the applicant will be involved with the build and testing of SAP related solutions.
What you’ll do
- Helping to deliver SAP solutions with our clients, on client sites
- Ensuring quality delivery of our solutions
- Helping to influence (with the rest of the technical team in the UK) key reference projects
- Ability to work well with our Rightshore capability
What you’ll bring
- Experience of implementing ABAP Programming, preferably Object Oriented.
- Experience with a selection of other development objects, for example Function Modules, Data dictionary objects, BADI, BAPI, User-Exits, Web Services Gateway oData Services, CDS Views, ABAP for HANA, Smartforms, Reports or performance tuning is advantageous
- Experience of SAP PO/PI is useful
- Strong customer focus with good client facing consulting capability as roles are working collaboratively with our clients, and on behalf of our clients with their suppliers
- Perform testing of system changes and to assist in user testing of changes
- Participate in knowledge sharing with colleagues in SAP technical and related client business matters
- Playing an active part in Process Improvement, ensuring compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.