Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Finanical Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you’ll do
An experienced Java developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more? Are you experienced with processing big data in cloud-based environments? Are you interested in full stack development and acceptance test driven development? We are looking for someone who would like to:
• work closely with business, product owners and other stake holders to deliver the business solution in an agile development environment
• take ownership and pride in the delivery of functional requirements from inception through to production delivery and support
Your team :You will be working in the CCAR IT team. The team is split across multiple locations including the US, UK and Poland and our clients are based in the US.
What you’ll bring
• Practical Java 1.8 experience (5 years minimum) which includes: Java – OOPS concept, collections, concurrency, web services, Spring (IOC, AOP, Integration), Unit Testing (Mockito, Hamcrest, etc.), IntelliJ or similar IDE.
• Good experience with “big data” technologies such as Azure, Databricks, Spark
• Acceptance test driven development e.g., using Fitnesse or Cucumber
• Experience with CI tooling and concepts (preferably GitLab)
• Experience with build automation tools (preferably Maven)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English written and spoken
• Unix commands and shell scripts
• Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
• Financial experience (preferably Investment Banking)
• Previous experience with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) – a United States regulatory framework
• Development experience using agile methods
• Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.