Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2017 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have rapidly grown our capacity in the centre, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will be working in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams who develop software that exceeds customer expectations. You will sit at the heart of the transformation of our services with the objective of ensuring we can become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support.
What you’ll do
• Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs. Participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes
• Build prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, ensuring continuous integration
• Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems
• Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load
• Collaborate with all Scrum Team and Delivery Centre colleagues, providing feedback on more junior/apprenticeship developers where necessary
• Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved
• Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment
• Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider HMRC digital team and across government
• Providing ‘second-line’ support and occasional ‘on-call’ support