Main purpose of the role
You'll be onsite with various financial services clients – usually one at a time, mainly in and around London, but with other pockets of projects in the north and north-west of England, and occasionally Scotland and a couple of other places.
You'll be working closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients as a member of the software engineering team, typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement.
Below are some examples of typical responsibilities of your role, either internally within Capgemini, and/or during a client engagement with us:
- Defining objectives by analysing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and development of user interfaces to internet/intranet applications – setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products, designing and conducting tests.
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creating multimedia applications, using authoring tools.
- Completing application development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities; contributing to team meetings, troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Developing comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- Updating job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations.
- Contributing to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
- Hands-on Python development experience
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts & design principles
- Knowledge of Unix (basic level is fine)
- Design & development of backend scripts/programs in Python
- Design & development of automation test packs
- Troubleshooting problems with the databases, applications and development tools
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, along with experience/ability to work in a global team
- Development of automation framework for Testing/QA of backend systems and applications
- Java development
- Knowledge of FIX, SOAP, TCP, CPS, Databases, XML
- Fixed income or equities domain knowledge
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Technologies such as BPEL, Rules Engine etc
- Application server administration, clustering, deployment, continuous integration etc
- Any UI toolkits like Google UI Kit or Yahoo UI library
- Consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organisation
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.