Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
Focus of the role:
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you’ll do:
- Analyse any new technical requirements.
- Develop and unit test the application.
- Leading the development team and people management.
- Sprint planning and attending retrospective call , daily stand-up call for the agile scrum process.
- Review the JIRA and acceptance criteria for any task planned. For the sprint with the team.
- Discussion with QA team for any qa/uat release and discuss the test plans.
- Follow the release management process and plan for any production turnover.
- Providing support for critical production issue.
- Keeping the technical document and the project artefacts up to date.
- Planning and executing the migration of old applications to the new platform.
- Review and optimize the performance of the application on java and database side.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in Java (version 8 essential, version 12 a bonus), Spring, SQL and messaging (Soap/Xml /RESTful services ).
- Experience in test driven development and functional testing.
- Experience of iterative / agile development practices
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, preferably micro services
- Knowledge of any distributed caching and cloud computing
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Good communication, analytical and design skills
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Comfort with direct interaction with the business users at all levels
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.