Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini's Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world's top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Finanical Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a "distributed delivery model" to deliver such programmes.
It's important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
Your initial client assignment would be working on a project with one of our key banking clients in London (once we're back in offices, subject to Covid-19 guidelines and safety practices).
As is the nature of a consultancy role, throughout the course of your career with us, you would get the opportunity to work with many different clients, on different projects, using and learning different technologies.
NB: Whilst your base location would be London, and our first preference would be to secure you local assignments, there may be occasions where you are needed to work elsewhere in the UK during the week (expenses covered).
In your role, you can expect to:
- Help to reshape our clients' core products, working on green- and brownfield solutions using the latest technologies.
- Develop bespoke solutions as well as integrate 3rd party software.
- Build new software with latest technologies to replace existing vendor software that are currently used in fund services, which will involve requirement gathering, designing, and lot of coding.
- Build new software/change the existing software to scale the application to meet the business growth and also reduce the operational cost.
- Play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
- Build easy-to-consume services for consumption by a number of other product teams and systems.
- Bring your strong experience of TDD and automation to further increase confidence in and quality of the systems you work on.
- Experience in Java (version 8 essential, version 12 a bonus), Spring, SQL and messaging (Soap/Xml /RESTful services ).
- Experience in test driven development and functional testing.
- Experience of iterative / agile development practices
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, preferably micro services
- Knowledge of any distributed caching and cloud computing
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Good communication, analytical and design skills
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Comfort with direct interaction with the business users at all levels
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of event driven architecture patterns
- A strong grasp of functional non blocking asynchronous code or coroutines
- Experience building high performance highly available and scalable systems
- Knowledge of JVM languages such as Kotlin or Scala would be beneficial, as would be experience of securing APIs at scale
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.