You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of engineers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
You will be a senior member of the engineering team bringing a mix of architecture skills, leadership as well as hands on development. As a hands on technologist we would expect you to be at least 70% hands on delivery. You will be designing and developing some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set, demonstrable technical leadership, you’ll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology. Your main area of expertise will be in Java and JVM related technologies but you will also bring to the table other related experience.
Responsibilties will include:
- Work as part of Agile teams of developers, analysts and testers to successfully deliver business and supporting solutions for our clients.
- Shape solutions & define architecture.
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Use your wide range of skills such as an architect, technical lead, designer and developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development and leadership of implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
- Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
- Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
- Experience of Bitbucket (or experience with alternative GIT repositories e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience of Jenkins (or experience with alternative CICD e.g. TeamCity, Bamboo, Drone)
- Experience of Artifactory (or experience with alternative Binary Management e.g. Nexus, Archiva)
- Experience of working in collaborative teams
- Experience in pragmatic architecture, using just enough to get the job done.
Desirable experience of:
- Successfully delivering performant, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments
- Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
- JAX-RS for REST APIs
- Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- JIRA / Confluence
- IBM ODM Rules development
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion