Role – Java Developer
Location- NYC. NY
Type – Full time
Opening in Jersey City, NJ for enterprise reporting systems to arrive at an integration architecture for building a compelling adaptive designs for executives that span across desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, and wearable digital delivery, to be used in conjunction with IBM Digital Experience software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Development duties will include (provide as much details as possible):
• Supporting the live application in the production environment
• Communication with users to gather requirements and analyze/address issues
• Investigating and fixing bugs / Participating in test execution cycles
• Interact with other technology groups as needed
• Coordinate with users and developers located in different geographic regions
Skill, Experience & General information Required:
Basic Technical Requirements
• Working knowledge on Web/App servers – Websphere
• Strong understanding of Websphere Application Server (WAS) and the configuration of resources within WAS
• Understanding of J2EE application deployment patterns and n-tier architectures
• Understanding of SOA and web services concepts
• Knowledge of AIX/Linux systems, shell/wsadmin/jython scripting, networking, storage and security concepts
• Proven track record of designing very intuitive and visually appealing consumer facing interfaces with Responsive Design for delivery on multiple platforms.
• Proven understanding of Web design issues, including browser usability and cross-platform compatibility.
• Experience creating modular front end code using W3C coding best practices as well as the ability to write clean and well-structured code.
• Stay up-to-date with current trends in web design and online environments. Basic understanding of modern design/visual aesthetics.
• Have good knowledge on IBM Forms, IBM connections, IBM Web Content Management and IBM Web experience factory
• Open to learning new technologies, forward and strategic thinking
• Capable of influencing and driving organizational/process/technology change
• Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Team player, self motivated, requiring minimal direction and able to work effectively either independently or be highly-collaborative with peers
• Able to brainstorm effectively and provide multiple problem solving solutions.
• Must have an excellent work ethic and customer service skills and have ability to interact with Senior Executivies
Disclaimer: Capgemini Financial Services and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law