Java Microservices Developer
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What will you do?
- Provide intermediate-level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases.
- Ability to create AWS cloud applications
- Supports new and modifications to existing integrations using AWS cloud technology
- Integrates third-party products.
- Translates technical specifications into code for complex new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Writes programs, develops code, tests artifacts, and produces reports. Employs software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow-up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology and development architecture standards.
- Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Elevates issues in an appropriate manner to ensure transparency within the team and employs a team atmosphere at all times.
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve complex issues and adept at solving problems in a logical step-by-step approach. Can articulate as needed to the client.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues.
- Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Performs systems analysis activities.
- Is able to translate client business functions and technology needs into technical requirements. Can demonstrate how to take steps to understand company technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business areas and systems.
- Shows aptitude to Interface with cross-functional team members, and communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level
- Demonstrates an ability to understand Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies that deliverables meet requirements.
- Has solid communication skills
- Shows an ability to “dig in” when tasks or use cases are ambiguous and can turn them into clear requirements or tasks.
It would be great if you had this experience!
- 2-5+ years Java experience
- CI/CD pipeline experience
- Spring boot
- Spring framework
- Python scripting a plus
- AWS certifications a plus (AWS Cloud Practioner)
- Testing automation experience preferred
- Any other cool stuff
You will be part of a great team within the Financial Services Strategic Business Unit. We all work together in a fast-paced, exciting technical consulting environment. We work with some of the brightest and most talented business professionals and the thrill of collaborating and being able to try new and innovative things makes our world fun.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University's innovative and business-focused learning curriculums. We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients. With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve. Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty, and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships. Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans, and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship. Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.