Focus of the role:
Capgemini FS is currently looking to hire a skilled Java Developer to join our Application Development and Maintenance practice. The successful candidate will work on an initial Glasgow based project with one of our high profile Investment Banking clients.
What you’ll do:
- Gathering requirements from the business analyst team.
- Analyse any new technical requirements within the development team.
- Develop and unit test the application using Java/Java 8, REST ,python , junit, cucumber etc.
- Writing SQL,db procedures , performance optimization of the queries and stored procedures.
- Sprint planning and attending retrospective call , daily stand-up call for the agile scrum process.
- Review the JIRA and acceptance criteria for any task planned. For the sprint with the team.
- Discussion with QA team for any qa/uat release and discuss the test plans.
- Follow the release management process and plan for any production turnover.
- Providing support for critical production issue.
- Keeping the technical document and the project artefacts up to date.
- Writng automation script using Python, perl.
- Planning and executing the migration of old applications to the new platform.
- Review and optimize the performance of the application on java and database side.
What you’ll bring:
- Working experience in Java application development and SQL.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and business analysis skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork teambuilding.
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Problem solving analytical skills
- Strong interest in the financial products trading and regulation
- Knowledge in JAVA, J2EE and understanding OOP
- Knowledge on common Java frameworks and technologies including Spring Framework, Hibernate, JPA.
- Experience on web services including knowledge of REST, SOAP, XML, JSON.
- Experience in Java multiple threading program is highly preferred.
- Strong data analytical skills with SQL.
- Experience following the SDLC via Agile Methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux Unix environment, including working with shell, ssh and / or other command line tools.
- Experience working in medium to large scale development projects.
- Software craftsmanship agile development practices such as pair programming, TDD, BDD, continuous integration or feature toggles.
- Enterprise software architecture
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.