Job Title: Java/Microservices/AWS Engineer
Duration: Full Time with Benefits
- Provides intermediate level system analysis design development and implementation of UI applications for WEB based software
- Thoroughly understands and applies companies IT Navigator development methodology
- Thoroughly understands and applies companies Architecture standards including all Information Security policies and procedures
- Verifies all deliverables meet
- Methodology and Information Security requirements
- Translates technical specifications and or design models into code for new or enhancement projects for internal or external clients
- Develops code that reuses objects is well structured includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain
- Writes programs and reports
- Elevates code into the development test and Production environments on schedule
- Provides follow up Production support when needed
- Submits change control requests and documents
- Participates in design code and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance
- Participates in systems analysis activities including system requirements analysis and definition e g prototyping
- Participates in other meetings such as those for use case creation and analysis
- Writes the system technical portion of assigned deliverables
- Assists technical team members with the system technical portion of their deliverables e g systems testers with test plans
- On small teams the developer may write these items
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied
- Assists in integration systems acceptance and other related testing as needed
- Ensures developed code is optimized in order to meet companies performance specifications associated with page rendering time by completing page performance tests
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs
- Develops understanding of companies tools technologies and applications databases including those that interface with the business areas and other systems
- Interfaces with cross functional teams including associated Data Mid Tier teams
- Complies with IT policies and procedures especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Strong with java software design principles and patterns Spring Boot
- Experience with the NGA Bamboo build pipeline is a plus but not required
- Strong unit test cucumber skills
- Experience with REST Service calls
- Experience with developing Java REST services Spring Boot Microservice architecture
- Experience with test automation and test driven development practices and frameworks mutation testing functional testing JUnit Cucumber mock frameworks Mockito etc contract testing
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts tools and continuous delivery pipelines Bamboo Jenkins Maven Bitbucket Jira GIT etc
- Experience with API management platforms design standards and patterns is a preferred
- Knowledge of cloud AWS development engineering standard methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores S3 Dynamo DB and or Amazon RDS Other Competencies
- Five years developer or systems analyst experience
- Three years developing User Interface JAVA applications in a J2EE based application server development environment
- Strong demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.