The role covers the development and architecting of APIs / microservices for a mid-sized financial services institution;
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of hands-on experience with JAVA APIs and microservices concepts. The candidate would work with the client in designing solutions on the basis of requirements provided and with the development team in developing API endpoints / microservices functionalities;
Experienced Architect able to design, document and support the Java development of API endpoints / microservices.
- Perform requirement analysis;
- Assess technical feasibility and implementation risks;
- Design and document the solutions of enterprise-level API endpoints / microservices, aligned with the client’s practices and guidelines;
- Support with technical and consulting guidance for validation of deliverables;
- Support with estimates of the effort required to deliver the needs;
- Support development of enterprise-level API endpoints / microservices;
- Support and document the unit and integration tests;
- Work with the downstream testing / QA teams.
- 7+ years of experience in developing and designing APIs / microservices solutions on the basis of Java;
- Deep understanding of API and microservice concepts;
- Deep understanding of API and microservices security;
- Experienced in designing and implementing scalable microservice architectures;
- Experienced with tools used to develop, deploy and test software (CI/CD);
- Experienced with writing unit and functional tests and leading others in software development best practices;
- Hans-on experience with API management.
Must-have technical skills:
- Java software development (Java 8 to Java 11);
- Spring Boot;
- OAuth / JWT;
Nice-to-have technical skills:
- CI/CD (Jenkins);
- Elastic Search;
- Greylock/ Splunk;
- InfluxDB + Grafana;
- CheckMK / Jaeger.