We are seeking for a hands-on API Developer at Capgemini Japan, you will work for a global insurance company to implement an API Management solution for their system transformation.
- Analyze local business needs, local country and regional IT systems, local market needs including locale, data regulatory needs and present proposals that include high level technical solutions, estimates and project plans.
- Converts business problems into programming instructions.
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provide technical support to project teams throughout project lifecycle around technology platforms, solution design, security, debugging, profiling, performance tuning etc.
- Provide governance over project teams to ensure standards and best practices are being followed.
Required experience and skills:
- Japanese language skills above N3
- Minimum 7+ years of design and development experience
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and deploying scalable and performant web and mobile applications at global scale
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design, algorithm design and Data Structures
- Strong Web Application development experience preferably using Spring, Java,
- Demonstrated experience in server-side technologies such as
Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
Cloud services such as AWS or Azure
and other server technologies such as Spring Cloud
- Experience in Solution Design, Data modelling, REST API design
- Experience with Waterfall and Iterative development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Configuration Management, DevOps automation
- Experience designing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Experience with MongoDB, Spring Cloud
- Experience in performance testing and tuning
- Highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies
- Working independently and able to manage large scale projects
- Bilingual (Japanese – N2- N3, English – Business level)
Location : Tokyo