The job on offer
The IT Service Continuity Manager (ITSC Manager) would be responsible for the overall delivery of business continuity and disaster recovery services for Capgemini clients. The successful candidate will be expected to work across different clients; the role requirements vary from client to client so there is an element of flexibility required, from which you’ll be rewarded through exposure to new challenges and opportunities.
You will be joining a fantastic global team of ITSC professionals who deliver world-class services day in and day out giving Capgemini’s clients the confidence to know their business will be safe should a disaster occur.
Every client is different, which means role responsibilities can vary, but this can be exciting. In a nutshell: you will be accountable for the day-to-day management of business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) activities on client accounts, in line with our contractual obligations.
Some of the work you will deliver will involve:
• You will develop and maintain BC and DR standards, plans and procedures
• You will also find yourself developing testing schedules and providing input into client IT Service Continuity and Business Continuity strategy
• As part of BC/DR plans, you will be helping to define the scope, objectives and performance details of rehearsals/planned exercises
• You will be involved in preparing, executing and managing any rehearsals/planned exercises, steering the team towards successful completion
• You will help to identify lessons learnt in rehearsals/exercises, developing their effectiveness
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about IT, specifically business continuity and disaster recovery, and has experience driving and delivering BC/DR services within organisations. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills; someone who can build and maintain effective working relationships with various people at different levels (Capgemini, clients, 3rd Parties and Partner contacts). We’re looking for someone with an eye for detail, who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, willing to learn and be able to work with little supervision.
We hope to find someone who enjoys working collaboratively, who is open to sharing knowledge and helping others.
We know unicorns don’t exist, so you don’t need to meet every single one of the following requirements, but if you believe you can meet these or at least have the potential to develop the skills…then believe in yourself and apply today:
• Proven IT Service Continuity/Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery delivery experience
• A good track record of delivering to client expectations
• Strong communication skills – an ability to communicate with a variety of people is essential
• Experience in managing other team resources when delivering a service – the team resources could be in India, UK or any of Capgemini’s global regions
• An ability to develop and specify ideas and proposals for implementing and improving the IT Service Continuity/BC DR program, sharing knowledge as appropriate
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com