The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) provides client advisory and delivery services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
We’re searching for an IT Risk Manager who is dynamic, driven, demonstrates leadership and upholds values. You will be confident in providing technology risk advice to Technology Leaders, evaluating potential risks and exposures for Group Tech and determining how to effectively minimise those risks and develop the procedures that can be implemented.
- You will be developing risk management strategies, evaluate potential risks and exposures in Technology, and determine how to effectively minimize those risks and develop procedures that can be implemented.
- Working closely with business and/or project owners to influence a strong risk culture e.g. conducting risk workshops, providing guidance on risk assessments and strategies, overseeing risk remediation activities against appropriate timelines.
- Drafting management reports for formal governance forums, making sure risks are articulated clearly and the right information gets to the right people for the right decisions to be made.
- Working closely with project and operational teams to ensure projects with technology solutions are appropriately designed to minimize delivered risk
- Lead strategic initiatives to further improve our risk service offering and mature risk and compliance management for the Group.
- Lead and coach others in your team.
- Continuous learning to deepen your understanding of the business, risk management practices and industry developments.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 7+ years experience in a large and complex organisation, primarily in the financial services industry
- Significant knowledge and experience in risk and regulatory landscape, operational IT, business knowledge and operational risk and compliance frameworks
- Adaptive influencing and relationship building skills across senior executives and peers
- Excellent problem solving and evaluative judgement skills
- Strong skills in planning, project management and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a business, finance, accounting, or commerce related discipline
- ITIL and COBIT accreditations desirable
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.