The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a IT Project Manager with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
You will be considered a subject matter expert in Insights & Data Management, Architecture and solutioning. Your role will see you working across complex businesses, reengineering development projects to solve organizational problems through innovative IT solutions. You’ll experience variety, one day you could be working with the client to understand their business requirements, the next day you may be working with your team on how to resolve a complex business or technical challenge to keep a project on track. Key aspects of your role will include:
- Working closely with key client stakeholders, you’ll manage a team to deliver complex data projects on time and on budget with a commercial eye on future opportunities.
- You will take responsibility for the people, the project delivery and aiming delivery excellence.
- Assist in engaging with the business customers on business processes and practices associated with the IT systems that implement, support or enable those processes and practices.
- Define project objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, global and regional considerations, and resource requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters
- Define project prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
- Ability to work with Business & IT stakeholders through open dialogues that manages their expectations & helps set agreed objectives
- Should be able to motivate & influence team members for accountability ensuring excellent deliverables.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this unique and challenging position you should have the following:
- A minmum of 3-5 years of Project Management experience delivering projects/programmes across one or more capabilities in the Data and Analytics space.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle processes, experience of working in a large-scale program
- Market standard project management certifications are a must
- You will have worked on implementation of large data implementation projects.
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
- Experience of Project planning, Issue, risk and change management
- Experience of commercial negotiation for project delivery services
- Experience of management of delivery to budget, and associated financial reporting / forecasting to ensure you are aware of the financial performance of your projects
- You will have worked with complex, distributed delivery teams
- You will have coached, developed and people managed teams of at least 15 to 20 people
- Excellent communication skills with proven stakeholder management
- Proven capability to contribute to sales activities for securing new projects and work – contributing to proposals, creating priced delivery propositions and presenting these to clients
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.