Position Title: IT Developer (Liquidity/Quants Developer)
Work Location: Tokyo
Working within Global Information Technology organization and the Finance Technology team of our client we are looking for a strong senior technologist with a focus on Product Control (Finance Accounting / Trading profit and loss) system development. The successful candidate will help development of the Global Product Control platforms and work on improving / enhancing those platforms for Japan and global Finance.
We are looking primarily for outstanding technology skills, application development in Microsoft .NET with SQL (Preferably MSSQL). Finance accounting and/or Capital Market application experience highly desirable.
- Implement new enhancements and maintain existing liquidity platforms.
- Develop SME skill-set for the Internal Liquidity Platform
- Participate in the full project life cycle including technical analysis, design, data analysis and mapping, development and testing.
- Provide ‘Development” support for applications.
- Ensure adherence to functional architecture strategy and compliance to firm development standards.
- Liaise with the business and development teams with regards to priorities and progress of various tasks and projects
- Degree holder in Information Technology or equivalent; technical background is preferred
- University degree in a risk or finance related field is highly preferential
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of working within software development.
- Ability to act quickly and precisely in fast-moving and time sensitive financial / regulatory reporting environment and multitasking.
- Ability to think logically and calmly under pressure.
- Ability to exhibit high level of professionalism in team oriented environment.
- Team player that is able to work with people across different departments, countries and regions.
- Language proficiency: English (Essential) / Japanese (preferred)
Key functions in the Liquidity & Capital will include:
- Assessment of Capital & Liquidity adequacy of the group’s clients, as to ensure regulatory compliance (ICAAP, ILAA, Pillar 2)
- Providing specialist on prudential issues, operational risk, technology risk and complex products
- Ad Hoc Capital & Liquidity assistance on internal projects
- SME knowledge of either current Capital or Liquidity requirements in the banking market (BASEL II/III, ICAAP, ILAA, Pillar 2, IFPRU, non – IFPRU)
- An appreciation of Financial Accounting standards would be advantageous.
- High level projects, managerial exposure and a demonstrated interest in skill development
- Strong Quantitative finance experience
Strong understanding of either All,
- Please note the technologies which are must to have are Python, Scala, Apache Kafka, MapR, Apache Drill i.e. Big Data ecosystem, HDFS, Unix and Oracle SQL and nice to have Cloud.
- Basics of Core Java, Tableau are preferred
- Person who is a hands-on developer. This is not a lead role
- Good understanding of Database, ETL Hadoop Framework and Data mining
- Experience on any ETL tools, SYBASE IQ, Oracle, Regulatory/Treasury domain knowledge
- Experience with Data Modelling is a must
- Unix shell scripting/Any other scripting language
- Knowledgeable about database programming and performance tuning.
- Should have the willingness and appetite to grasp new skills/tools/apps
- Understanding of LCR, NSFR, CRD IV, BASEL III regulations
- Experience in Product control, covering profit and loss reporting / workflow.
- Worked in Quants development group supporting cash equities, derivatives etc. products
- Any Capital Market Product knowledge on financial instruments highly advantageous.
- Experience working with accounting systems in Banking.
- Familiar with trading environments / systems / situations.