Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting team at Capgemini Group. We ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise. The Future of Technology team helps organisations to define next generation operating models, evolve new ways of working and improve capabilities needed to deliver technology
The focus of your role:
We’re looking for an IT Advisory Manager who has experience in strategy, design and implementation of technology operating model and hands-on experience in delivering capability uplifts. You’ll have a history of implementing IT delivery frameworks, ways of working, process improvements, tech for tech automation in large corporations, ideally in the financial services. You have solid understanding of the technology process lifecycle (IT engineering, IT program delivery, IT operations, IT technology business management, IT service management etc.) and the way modern technology organisations work.
What you’ll do:
- Analysis and define improvement plans in IT delivery methods and tools (Development/SDLC, Operations, Project management etc.)
- Define IT operating model – organisation structure, processes, metrics, roles & responsibilities
- Strategy and design of to-be technology process architecture
- Lean process improvements in technology processes- release management, change management and related processes
- Identify opportunities to automate process and controls (Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, Others)
- Experience in delivering improvements and demonstrating benefits
- Facilitation and coordination with wide range of stakeholders
- Process documentation and communication
- Lead small delivery teams – Scrum master
- Drive process centric and automation first culture
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working in IT delivery frameworks – waterfall, agile, product centric delivery
- Experience in design and improvements in release management, IT change management processes
- Design and implementation of IT operating models
- Good understanding of SDLC processes, IT risks and controls
- Previous experience in SQA/ SEPG/ EPG functions will be advantage
- Experience in client facing consulting (IT services/ Big 4)
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of contemporary IT delivery practices – agile, devops, clouds
- Practitioner in frameworks like CMMI, ITIL 4, COBIT, IT4IT etc.
- Currently based in Melbourne preferred (only Australia based candidates can apply)
- Practitioner in one of the IT lifecycle areas – IT engineering, Project management, operations, support functions
- Experience of process modeling and mining tools
- Exposure to IT intelligent automation implementation, RPA
- Previous experience in financial service and/or energy and utilities sectors
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.