Internship – Technical 2022
Location : Telford
Intakes: June 2022 for 6 weeks
The Focus of Your Role
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements spanning across projects, programmes, portfolios, services and operations. Your technical skills, combined with excellent insight into our technical solutions will bring you a glimpse of how we use cutting edge technology to successfully delivery our client’s expectations and communication will bring control, direction and insight to our engagements and business processes.
You will be put towards one of the below roles:
Software Developer Intern
SAP Functional Specialists
SAP Technical Specialists
Technical Monitoring Specialist
What you will do
As a Software Developer Intern, you will experience:
• You will support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes.
• You will take responsibility for components of a much larger system and writing code
As an SAP Functional or Technical Specialist, you will experience:
• Provide application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through a Project team
• You’ll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
As a Technical Monitoring Specialist, you will experience:
• Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future Exposure to development lifecycle from requirements, through design, delivery, test and live support
• Exposure to development lifecycle from requirements, through design, delivery, test and live support.
As a Software Tester, you will experience:
• Working on various activities including evaluating customer requirements, design test cases using test techniques to mitigate risks, prepare test data, execute and record test results
• You will work in various technologies and have opportunities to continue enhance your skills to improve our ways of working. Furthermore, you will work in various technologies and have opportunities to continue enhance your skills to improve our ways of working.
What you’ll bring
• Working towards a bachelor’s degree, relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial.
• Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
• The ability to convey complex coding concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience.
• Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You could be required to work away from home during the week.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
A graduate role at Capgemini is perfect for you if you want to create, develop and deliver solutions to clients. As a Atlassian Technical specialist, you will gain experience within The ALM Delivery Centre, who are a leader in Capgemini’s global Atlassian delivery network. Our simple purpose is to help teams to work better together, whether at local levels or across entire organisations.
You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted.
What we’ll offer you
• With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them
• With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than 3 months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role. At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.