Who you’ll be working with
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
As a Managing Consultant you will have experience of owning and running complex data analytics projects within major industries and organisations. As a leader in the field you will have applied data, analytics & intelligent automation solutions to address significant business and operational challenges.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Working as a Managing Consultant, you’ll enjoy a variety of responsibilities including:
- Developing Consulting Skills: Developing your communication, analytical and team skills; working effectively in a team with others; Learning and implementing the Capgemini Invent procedures and values
- Delivering for Clients: helping clients find new ways of getting value from data; providing advice on what tools to use, how to manage data as an asset, how to set up new business models and capabilities. You’ll be empowered to prioritise your own workload in order to complete all jobs on time and to the high quality expected by the client
- Contributing to Capgemini Invent: as you develop your expertise, you’ll be encouraged to support business development activity and create engaging content to; take to market; inform your colleagues and promote working at Capgemini Invent.
As a Managing Consultant, you will have:
Specifically, you will have knowledge and/or experience in a selection of the following domain areas:
- Leading data and analytics capability teams with a focus in intelligent automation
- A degree in Data Science, Operational Research or Mathematics related field, including applied experience analysing data and drawing insights from large data sets using Python/R/SQL
- Applying data and automation to address business problems such as:
– Supply Chain effectiveness through Automation & Analytics
– Energy Optimisation and Operational Sustainability
– Operational Risk & Fraud analytics
– Asset Management Analytics (asset maintenance / asset investment planning) – NB: not financial assets
– Process assessment methodologies for automation
• Data Visualisation & Storytelling: including experience in visualisation tools – Power BI, Tableau, Qlik; storytelling using data; dashboard design; MI/BI best practice; creating communications content
• Operating core analytics platforms: Google Cloud Platform; Amazon Web Services; Microsoft Azure; Salesforce Einstein; Adobe Sensei
As a team, we value:
• Engagement: We believe in providing a stimulating working environment where our consultants are empowered to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work
• Specialism: We value sector expertise and ensure you’re aligned to your area of interest to maximise your sector knowledge
• Empowerment: Our consultants are empowered to shape their own development plans, taking into account the needs of the business, together with their own interests and aspirations
• A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces and values different points of view
• Being part of a team: regular meet-ups, alumni events, and away days – connecting as a team, having fun and learning new skills
• Your professional development: you will have the opportunity to receive best-in-class management consulting training from our Capgemini University in Paris
• Your technical development: you can pursue a range of technical learning opportunities and you will have access to external training courses and accreditations
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and Development:
The IDE community offers a wide range of learning paths to enhance your technical and non-technical skills. These include opportunities to gain accreditations in cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure), data visualisation (PowerBI, Tableau) and in consulting skills (Agile training, Project management). Some of our consultants even have the chance to spend time at our ‘Capgemini University’ in Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host conferences and training weeks (COVID-permitting!). Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all our teams.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/