Who you’ll be working with
Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
You will join the Analytics and AI team within Capgemini Invent. Within this team we collaborate with our clients to better use their data to tackle complex business challenges and make them data driven decision makers.
We accomplish this through our expertise in a variety of fields such as Data Strategy, AI, Automation and Advanced Analytics through which we are able to solve complex industry problems across a variety of sectors.
An overview of the role:
Within this role you will utilise your extensive technical knowledge within Data Science and AI to help clients build Intelligent Automation into their business across a variety of key operations. You will work across industries and collaboratively with clients to identify innovative automation solutions that can be applied directly to their specific business challenges. Your technical experience within Data Science will also allow you to both develop tailored automation strategies as well as lead in the building of these solutions. Just as importantly, you will use your consulting skills to plan, manage and organise projects, deliver presentations to clients and work to tight deadlines.
The responsibilities at this level:
As a Managing consultant you will take ownership of and run complex data focused projects within wider Invent programmes across major industries and organisations. As a leader in the field you will apply data analytics, AI or intelligent automation solutions to address significant business and operational challenges for our clients within whichever domain you specialise.
As a Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to:
· Deliver for Clients: Help clients find new ways of getting value from data; providing advice on what tools to use, how to manage data as an asset, how to set up new business models and capabilities. You’ll be empowered to prioritise your own workload in order to complete all jobs on time and to the high quality expected by the client
· Lead Project Delivery: Have responsibility for leading and ensuring the delivery of key project results on a specific project stream within large programmes. You will also take responsibility for managing risk within these projects and take on a key role in planning and monitoring team workloads and achievements
· Coach and Mentor Junior Consultants: As a senior member within project delivery teams you will help colleagues grow within Capgemini Invent. On project you will effectively manage your colleagues and be able use their skills to complete client projects as well as help them build upon these skills to further their development
Working as a Managing Consultant, you will ideally have knowledge and/or experience within several of the following domain areas:
· At least 7 years’ experience within Data Analytics/Data Science
· Leading data and analytics capability teams with a focus in intelligent automation
· A degree in Data Science, Operational Research or a Mathematics related field, including applied experience analysing data and drawing insights from large data sets using Python/R/SQL
· Applying data and automation to address business problems such as:
o Supply Chain effectiveness through Automation & Analytics
o Energy Optimisation and Operational Sustainability
o Operational Risk & Fraud analytics
· Data Visualisation & Storytelling: including experience in visualisation tools – Power BI, Tableau, Qlik; storytelling using data; dashboard design; MI/BI best practice; creating communications content
· Operating core analytics platforms: Google Cloud Platform; Amazon Web Services; Microsoft Azure; Salesforce Einstein; Adobe Sensei
All our teams have the skills and behaviours needed to manage client deliverables and expectations therefore we expect candidates to be:
· Motivated, self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to delivery
· Team leaders who can effectively manage cross functional teams within major projects
· Engaging storyteller who can bring to life the value of Analytics, AI & Automation, with excellent written & oral communication skills
· Comfortable working in stimulating roles and experience working in agile delivery models. You’ll be resilient and have a strong focus on speed and quality of execution
· Ability to apply creative thinking and innovative methods to your clients’ business needs to gain commitment and deliver outstanding work
As a team, we value:
• Engagement: We believe in providing a stimulating working environment where our consultants are empowered to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work
• Specialism: We value sector expertise and ensure you’re aligned to your area of interest to maximise your sector knowledge
• Empowerment: Our consultants are empowered to shape their own development plans, taking into account the needs of the business, together with their own interests and aspirations
• A diverse and inclusive environment that ebraces and values different points of view
• Being part of a team: regular meet-ups, alumni events, and away days – connecting as a team, having fun and learning new skills
• Your professional development: you will have the opportunity to receive best-in-class management consulting training from our Capgemini University in Paris
• Your technical development: you can pursue a range of technical learning opportunities and you will have access to external training courses and accreditations
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and Development:
The AI and Analytics community offers a wide range of learning paths to enhance your technical and non-technical skills, including:
· Opportunities for accreditations in cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Data visualisation (PowerBI, Tableau)
· Training in core consulting skills (Agile training, Project management)
· Some of our consultants even have the chance to spend time at our ‘Capgemini University’ in Les Fontaine (near Paris, France)
· Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all our teams.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/