Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages.
Global Services Platform (GSP) provides unified platform to deliver standardized IaaS and PaaS services. We work as a single team supporting development, automation and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications of the platform.
We are looking for graduates or professionals who will focus on the application part of the platform. The most important skills and experiences needed are familiarity with Linux Operating System and scripting. Check bonus items for more, but having those two is a good base to get into the team and start working on automating things.
Gradually you will get familiar with technologies and tools such as Ansible, Hadoop, ETL tools, VMWare and many others. You will hardly find repetitive tasks here.
- Build, maintain and automate deployment of open source environments (Hadoop for example).
- Interact with all sorts of engineers and project managers to gather details and requirements for incidents and requests.
- Perform day-to-day activities related to Linux, Windows and applications administration.
- Develop and maintain existing documentation.
- Actively improve the way you work and how you do things (automate it!).
- Must have good UNIX or Linux experience.
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems’ capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage.
- Understanding of open source philosophy.
- Willingness to learn new things, lot of them.
- Scripting skills in any language.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Git tools.
- Network Know-how.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Big Data related technologies awareness (Hadoop, ETL, etc).
- Configuration and Automation Management tools familiarity, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Python, Scala, Bash, Java, R – one of them, two, any combination will do.
What we offer
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients– known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities.
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives.
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program)
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities.