Roles & Responsibility:
- The Project Manager for IT Infrastructure Service Delivery Projects works side-by-side in a bilingual environment with Infrastructure engineering and operations teams to help design, coordinate and manage infrastructure projects to deliver new innovative
- Creating and tracking Schedules, project documents and project deliverables
- Drives through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion.
- Delivers solutions through building consensus in business, technical, and vendor perspectives.
- Management of project virtual team – creation, coordination, motivation.
- End to end management of project budget – estimation and sourcing.
- End to end management of project schedule – creation of WBS, coordination and tracking of tasks.
- Management of project scope – requirement clarification, build and operationalization.
- Clearly communicate and document each stage of the project lifecycle process.
- Evaluate project performance and identify potential risks.
- Influences the work of others to drive projects to successful completion through effective project management and IT coordination among teams.
- Ability to provide direction and facilitate information to drive the team decision-making process.
- 5+ years of hands-on technology project management experience for IT Infrastructure service delivery under multicultural environment.
- Experience of hands-on operations of IT infrastructure services in large enterprise systems.
- Experience of working in Finance, Insurance and/or IT industry.
- Experience in project execution in Waterfall and Agile process
- Knowledge and Technical background of IBM WAS, CI/CD(DevOps), Container and Cloud technology.
- Knowledge and Technical background for Server, Network, middleware and Database in engineering and operations
- Ability to prepare project plan for infrastructure project
- Good experience in Managing the implementation of medium to large size Infrastructure projects.
- Identify and assemble the resources required to support the project.
- Define and manage the scope of the project with minimum supervision.
- Escalate critical issues to management, including a resolution approach and the potential impact to the project.
- Excellent communication skills
· Bilingual (English and Japanese)
Business level speaking and writing in English is preferred