Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around a global IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. The individuals sought for this role are required to have a SAP infrastructure specialism, as they will be required to support our clients with migration and transformation initiatives when these opportunities arise. They should be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
What you’ll do
• The Cloud SME (SAP Specialism) is an emerging role within the Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services business. They will support clients with their SAP transformation/migration initiatives whilst also enabling non-SAP clients to leverage cloud services and develop hybrid cloud / bimodal operating models.
• In this role the Cloud SME (SAP Specialism) engages closely with Architects, clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
• The candidate will be expected to work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of transformation projects. They work alongside Architects on the implementation phases of projects.
• It is anticipated that individuals will be an SME with significant experience in SAP technologies coupled with some strong Cloud skills/experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong Architecture awareness as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise
What you’ll bring
• Knowledge / experience of SAP Architectures and transformation projects – including migration to Public & Private, Cloud, SAP HANA, Virtustream, etc
• Experience with SAP Heterogeneous migrations
• Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager
• Knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
• Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
• Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
• Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.