Any UK Base
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around an IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist Clients in understanding, adopting and exploiting the opportunities that DevOps presents. The successful applicant will have a wealth of experience in embedding DevOps practices & tooling into organisations; and delivering Projects which make use of these. They should be able to engage at any point in the project lifecycle, from initial client strategy discussions right through to delivery of DevOps project.
What you’ll do
• The DevOps Architect is an emerging role within the Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services business. Our Clients have ambitions to deliver IT services faster in response to the ever changing competitive landscape, and our DevOps Architects will help them do so.
• In this role the DevOps Architect will engage closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients. They will leverage their wealth of previous experience in DevOps to create target state Architectures, reference Architectures and oversee the delivery of projects.
• It is anticipated that individuals will be an Architect with significant specialism in several DevOps tooling, whilst also having Cloud (AWS or Azure) experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong Enterprise Architecture backgrounds as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise.
What you’ll bring
• Expert knowledge of DevOps concepts and aspects
• Exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Experience of multi-node Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible environments
• Previous experience of Unix /Windows Shell scripting and administration
• Familiarity with Cloud Formation and JSON.
• Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
• Experience of AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.