Any UK Capgemini base location
Who you’ll be working with
The Data Management practice within the Insights and Data business unit of Capgemini is a global practice involved on a broad range of business and IT focused topics from Information Strategy, Governance, Master Data Management, Data Architecture, Migration and Lifecycle Management. We help our clients build an enterprise class data platform that allows them to move ahead in their journey of big data and insights. Primarily working with leading software vendors like SAP, Informatica, IBM, Oracle et al, the team are first and foremost Consultants, putting client requirements and industry best practice at the heart of delivery.
The focus of your role
As an Information/Data Governance (IG) Consultant your primary focus would be the Business side of our client organizations and dealing frequently with senior executives, sometimes at Board level. Our IG engagements aim at improving the integrity and control of the client’s critical data assets and ultimately at improving the organization’s business performance, agility and compliance.
Client organizations often struggle to master IG or simply neglect it. Making an IG program work requires IG expertise and experience, facilitation and negotiation skills as well as an ability to work with the client’s internal dynamics. This is where Capgemini’s IG Consultants come in.
We are looking for our IG Consultants to bring additional experience as an MDM Consultant or Architect. You will also be working within the Data Management, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Analytics practices alongside some of the top experts in the country, on some of the largest and most complex client engagements across a variety of industry sectors. You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility from day one in a challenging but rewarding and meritocratic environment.
What you’ll do
- Advise clients on how to build and run an effective IG program, using industry best practices
- Assess & measure As-Is IG maturity, identify desired To-Be state and develop a plan and roadmap leading to agreed targets
- Develop, set up or improve a suitable IG organization
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and workshops to identify a holistic set of IG workstreams across all IG capabilities and data domains in scope
- Develop a business benefits model
- Consulting, leading, and performance of analysis and design of large, complex applications, and business processes re-engineering process required to support MDM implementations
- Contributing to the analysis of MDM requirements, data integration, and complex data mapping activities
- Partnering with clients to gather necessary understanding of business objectives and processes
- Focussing on identifying the underlying data issues using the right Data Quality tools
What you’ll bring
- IG experience, e.g. in Data Architecture/Data Modelling, Metadata Management, Reference Data Management, Business Glossaries, Data Dictionaries, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management
- Meeting facilitation and negotiation skills (face-to-face and in conference calls)
- Significant experience of all aspects of the SDLC, in the MDM / Data Quality / Business Analytics space
- Experience with leading MDM applications for Tier 1 vendors such as IBM, SAP, Oracle and others
- Demonstrable experience on a number of MDM projects. This needs to include significant experience of at least one of: data architecture design, ETL design, data mapping, data quality assessment, information governance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Management and leadership experience
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Find out more and apply