A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Title: Informatica ETL Hadoop UNIX DB Team Lead (457276)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with Benefits
- Analytics and Data team at client is responsible for delivering the data strategy enterprise reporting and big data capabilities to its business partners
- The team is looking for Hadoop Scoop Hive Spark Scala UNIX SQL skills to help advance its goals to build a world class data driven enterprise
Roles and Responsibilities
- The person will be primarily responsible for Creating and maintaining data streams and processes within the EDW platforms
- Profile and analyze various data sources
- Design and implement data ingestion strategy
- Design develop code test and debug complex new code packages or make significant enhancements to existing code packages
- Interact with business users to understand and document the requirements
- Overall 8 years experience in Data and Data Management Technology
- 2 year experience using Hadoop Scoop Hive Spark Dataiku Scala SQL skills
- Knowledge of Kafka desired
- Knowledge or experience with Informatica ETL Unix RDBMS e g Oracle DB2 Teradata desired
- Strong data warehousing concept
- Good knowledge of database structures theories principles and practices
- Financial domain experience is must
- Excellent business communication desired
- Experience interacting with Technical and Business stakeholders
- Experience with Global Delivery Model must have acted as Team Lead for a team of 10 15 people
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.