Industrial Placement Technical Monitoring Specialist 2021
Location : Telford (West Midlands)
Intakes: September 2021
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts.
An industrial placement at Capgemini is perfect for you if you want to create, develop and deliver solutions to clients. As a technical monitoring specialist, you will gain experience of applications, environments and business-critical issues during your year’s placement. Developing strategies to allow product technology views, end-to-end service assurance and business process outcomes.
You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
The Focus of Your Role
The Capgemini Business Outcomes & Monitoring Solutions (BOMS) team are a
multi-client centre of excellence who deliver Operation Centre capabilities
and the supporting tooling solutions, promoting business outcomes and intelligence.
As a Technical Monitoring Specialist, you will be expected to:
• Gain knowledge and expertise in specific BOMS technologies and modules, working closely with the other consultants, service managers or technical teams
• Learning technology from ground up (product) to exploiting its capabilities to then being able to offer solutions to clients
• Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
• Working with the development team to implement fixes
• Working with the client to clarify requirements
• Full exposure to development lifecycle from requirements, through design, delivery, test and live support.
• Appreciating different types of solutions depending on ad hoc customers, and servicing data that helps business decisions.
• Creating/updating project documentation
• Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
• Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems
What you’ll bring
- You will be passionate about technology and ready to learn a lot of new skills.
- You might have developed your own applications or websites so you will bring fresh ideas and energy to the team
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams
- You’ll be studying towards a technical degree.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
- Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
- Plenty of drive, curiosity, and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
What we’ll offer you
• We may be one of the world's top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with more than 200,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we'll rely on you to help us achieve them
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• With us, you’ll have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 300 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are really supportive and to be part of local social events (currently virtual), giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we'll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call 'Giving Back', which means you'll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.