Industrial Placement PMO Analyst Hybrid Working 2022
Location : Telford
Start Date: September 2022
The Focus of Your Role
• Finance: You will be aligned to an Engagement Manager, providing support with project financials, using a variety of tools, techniques & reports with an emphasis on attention to detail. You will get to understand the commercials that underpin the project.
• RAID Management: You will have the opportunity to learn and build knowledge of Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies (RAID) management on engagements, and be able to identify RAID items and support the engagement teams to take appropriate mitigations/actions.
• Quality Management: Supporting the Engagement Manager in delivering projects to the relevant standards is another key PMO responsibility. You will do this by providing input to Project Governance Plans (PGP), audit support and conducting project reviews.
• Change Management: Change Control is key project management activity. You will be involved in the estimation and pricing of Change Requests and responding to customer demand.
• Planning: Work with project team members to ensure appropriate project plans are created and maintained. Contribute to project progress meetings, providing inputs and where appropriate capturing actions.
What will I be learning?
You will have access to many opportunities to learn during your industrial placement and some of the areas will be about building your skills in finance, risk management, quality, change management, planning, technologies and technical skills. Opportunities for your personal development will also be on offer along with training that can have a positive impact within the business.
There is a PMO Community that offers valuable experience and guidance to new employees, so you won’t be left on your own. From day one you will have an assigned PMO team member and a mentor along with a buddy from our Graduate and Apprenticeship (GAP) community.
What you’ll bring
• Capgemini don’t expect you to start knowing their systems but a keenness to learn them and being IT savvy is a must. An understanding of Project Management including methodologies and associated tools knowledge would also be an advantage.
• Studying a STEM related degree with evidence of numerical proficiency.
• Outstanding Communication skills and energy.
• Openness to working with other peers and team members to shape and evolve business processes.
• Innovative, open minded and progressive in thinking.
• A passion for change and proactively encouraging new ideas.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution does not fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive, and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours, or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of. At Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.