Industrial Placement Finance Analyst Hybrid Working 2022
Location : Telford
Start Date: September 2022
The Focus of Your Role
As a member of the finance team, you will need excellent numerical skills, strong analytical skills, and an ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, with finance and non-finance colleagues. You will rotate throughout the 5 defined areas within the Finance team in order to gain insight into all aspects of how finance drive business, deliver business value, financial support and commercial finance to ensure the smooth financial running of the HMRC MU.
What you will learn
• What the role of a finance business partner is, how to engage with key stakeholders, and how to challenge them to deliver change and value.
• How to prepare of monthly management accounts; set rolling forecasts and budgets; and complete balance sheet reconciliations.
• How to produce, interpret, and present detailed monthly reporting.
• How to understand business risk factors with a view to identifying potential risks and issues which affect business performance.
• How to prepare and support external Audits and ISO (International Organisation of Standardisation) Audits.
What you’ll bring
• You will be working towards a bachelor’s degree with evidence of numerical proficiency.
• Strong interpersonal skills and capable of proactively interacting with various stakeholders inside and outside of the finance function.
• An ability to prioritise workloads in a pressured environment and capable of working to tight deadlines.
• Motivation and a desire to accelerate and drive your own career forward with our support.
• High attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
What we’ll offer you
• With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we will rely on you to help us achieve them
• With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You will have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• It is all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we will give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you will be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace-to-Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Colleagues now work more flexibly in time and location, including from home, allowing a better work-life balance and greater empowerment.
- Company-provided equipment, such as desk chairs to ensure colleagues working from home do so safely and comfortably
- New working practices to encourage social interaction and strengthen relationships in the new normal
- Guidance and training to support well-being, notably through a global platform, including the right to disconnect so for a healthy work-life balance.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution does not fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive, and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours, or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of. At Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.