Job Title: : Identity Access Management (IAM) (OKTA)
Location: Atlanta GA
• Looking for IAM with at-least some years of experience in OKTA.
- IAM OKAT LDAP platform Work in an Onshore Offshore model to deliver a 24X7 coverage support Implementing integrating and supporting Okta s cloud technologies into Client IAM environment,
- Develop and maintain an access management integration process detailing a technical integration template and procedure Troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently during migration onboarding.
- BAU activities Support technical integration needs design and development that facilitate connectivity between SSO directory and provisioning tools Work with the Access Management Solutions.
- Lead to validate integration needs with proposed technical solution Successfully transition support and knowledge of new application integrations and environment upgrades to SSO operations team Uses a comprehensive understanding of multiple IAM operational and security technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Security OR in lieu of the bachelor s degree a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- Hands on experience integrating applications with Okta SSO MFA API Management is must Strong Operational support experience managing large enterprise IAM platform is critical.
- Minimum of 3 years of operational experience with the following product offerings Okta Oracle Unified Directory and CA Siteminder SSO 12 52 including implementation installation configuration administration of various components Intimately familiar.
- IAM related protocols such as SAML SCIM OpenID and OAuth Minimum 3 years Unix windows scripting and Perl experience Good understanding of Network storage load balancer firewall Citrix VMware Experience. in
- Managing a team of 10 people preferably in a onshore offshore model Desired Characteristics.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service IaaS Platform as a Service PaaS and Software as a Service SaaS delivery models.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Authentication and Access management Services Experience migrating legacy header based applications to modern authentication standards such as SAML OIDC OAuth Strong analytical and clear thinking.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.