Assembling teams of bold, curious, and creative individuals who are unafraid to question assumptions or try new things is the Idean way. Our multicultural, multidisciplinary teams of designers and developers lead a wide range of challenging projects for some of the world’s most innovative businesses. From showcasing an autonomous car’s 3,000-mile self-driving journey to humanizing and simplifying the human genome through design, we see challenges—no matter how big or how small—as opportunities to impact and change the world.
We are looking for experienced Senior Service Designers to join our team in Berlin.
As a Senior Service Designer at Idean you are responsible for the creation of revolutionary services. This involves designing practical, functional and desirable digital services mapped with customer’s business objectives and technology roadmaps. We expect you to be truly professional at gathering and utilizing business and customer insights, and to have the ability to reframe service challenges, articulate opportunities, define strategies, create concepts and lead the development of innovative new services from initial brief to delivery.
We are proud of our many and diverse customers. This diversity aspect inspires you, adapting your approach for each project’s unique requirements. Your passion is to build solutions that create advantages for our customers and provide unique experiences to end-users. You fluently combine human, business and technology viewpoints, and master customer listening. You are familiar with leading contextual user research, mapping user experiences and customer journeys as well as leading co-creation workshops, idea generation, prototyping as well as blueprinting service solutions to name a few.
As a senior designer you will have your own client/project responsibilities and you’ll manage and deliver projects together with other creative team members. You should possess a natural ability to articulate the criteria of good service design and offer constructive feedback to colleagues. Your background can vary from design, business, or technology.
- Understand the service related problems/challenges of customers and end-users
- Solve problems with natural innovative and analytical skills
- Work with customers, business stakeholders and staff to develop customer and business centric concepts
- Produce a range of deliverables for different touch points
- Run creative workshops
- Take responsibility for overall quality of service design projects
- Develop and publish viewpoints via internal and external channels
- Work directly with clients on an individual level
- Communicate the fundamental concepts of service design to key partners
- Collaborate with other team members in projects
- Support sales of service design related projects
- Participate in developing Idean’s service design offering
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as service designer for digital services
- Experience with service design tools and methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative and critical thinking capability
- Experience in working with creative people and environments
- Experience with high-level customer engagement
- Willingness to travel
- Eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people into service design thinking
You must be legally authorized to work in Germany without restrictions.