Do you see potential and people and want to help them grow?
Do you want to build a team who will enable us to reach our ambitious vision and business objectives? We’re growing our leadership team in Gothenburg and are looking for a team manager to our team of curious and caring thinkers, makers and doers.
Idean is a global experience design agency with 20-year-old Scandinavian roots, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. We create services, products and experiences from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist. At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in UX, visual design, service design and UI development. We know that unicorns don’t exist, but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks and easily adapt to constantly changing situations.
Idean is a place where you’ll have loads of colleagues passionate about doing some of the best work of their lives. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time. Idean is part of Capgemini, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams, delivered both from our studio and in project teams at our clients. Read more about us at Idean at www.idean.com
As a leader of people, your role is to support your team members in their day-to-day lives and achieving their long-term ambitions. As a leader of designers, you need to be passionate about design. Understanding, and wanting to learn more about all our areas of design is key to be able to speak with your team members about their daily work and role and bring insightful advice and guidance to the table.
In your role as people manager, you will be responsible for growing the team, and growing its members through coaching, supporting their development and encouraging them to advance in directions that you and Idean set out. The team is eclectic, with designers in all our areas of design and a wide range of seniority from graduates to colleagues who are experts in their fields.
We offer a varied role for a team manager, a role where our staff and operations are in focus.
- Personnel responsibility – the wellbeing and professional development of your team of employees
- Motivating and equipping your team to reach Idean business objectives
- Collaborating with other Idean and Capgemini roles to ensure utilization of your team of employees, in relevant assignments and projects
- Recruitment (in close collaboration with Head of Studio, HR and other Idean roles)
Besides your responsibility for the team and their development, you’ll be involved in setting and achieving the strategic direction for Idean locally, working closely with our Head of Agency, business development roles and other Idean team managers as well as account teams and sales directors.
The role as team manager is part-time and will be combined with a delivery role together with colleagues and customers.
- 5+ years’ experience as a designer in relevant field (Business development, service design, visual design, UX/UI)
- Experience with design in an agency or consulting context (ways of working, resourcing etc.)
- Experience from leading, coaching and motivating teams (not necessarily as a team manager)
- Experience from setting goals and prioritizing actions to reach business objectives
- Experience and ability to take on the role as lead designer or expert in project delivery
- Strong understanding of user centric design and design thinking
- Collaborative and client service mindset
- Relevant University degree
- Fluency in English and Swedish
As a person, you are reliable, driven and both people and customer oriented. You are a good role model, coach and sounding board for everyone in the team, with the ability to adapt your communication, expectations and support to their background and level of seniority. You are passionate about design and how to design can be used to transform experiences and businesses. You appreciate a creative working climate and strive to support a good mix of structure and flexibility.
How we work
- We work together with our clients. They bring a deep understanding of their brand, user, culture and ways of working. We bring the wider lens of the big perspective and the deep know-how established from working with other clients and on other problems in all industries both locally and globally. We rarely go away to work for ourselves without our client being heavily involved. We just don’t believe that way of working creates enough value for them, us or the users.
- We don’t separate between strategy and execution. We see that they are both essential in creating great experiences and value to users, employees and the business. We work on everything from framing the strategic problems and vision to designing and developing touchpoints ready to be shipped. We deliver projects from our studios as well as from client locations and infuse established client product teams with small teams or individual design expertise.
A creative environment with an awesome team of designers! And of course:
- A creative environment with an awesome team of designers.
- Competitive salary and pension plan with a comprehensive health and wellness program and recreational benefits
- Exciting assignments in a large variety of industries, small and big organizations
- A totally awesome, multidisciplinary and talented team to grow with
- Regular team knowledge sharing sessions and social happenings – team breakfasts, AWs and fika
- The comfort and safety of a big, established organization
- Inspiring international network of experts in design and a range of other fields within Idean and Capgemini as well as global experiences to build from (including Frog, Altran, Invent, Fahrenheit 212, Purpose etc.)
- …and multiple other benefits
We work with a continuous selection so submit your application now or latest by 6th of December.