Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Role: IIB and IBM Consultant
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment type: Full Time with Benefits, Permanent
You will work for the Core Banking Integration / Retail Credit & Payments team, delivering services to resolve technical and business system needs, and working closely with various partners across IT and business.
Duties include design and development for CDID applications in a IIB/ACE environment. The incumbent will be involved in all aspects of the development and or maintenance process within a well-established team. The preferred candidate could have some experience with middleware technologies such as IIB/ACE and MQSeries, worked in an application development role for 6-10 years and have familiarity with z/OS.
You will be involved in all aspects of the development process, from code design to production, in a largely Agile environment, leveraging modern automation for deployments (CI/CD) and monitoring (SRE). We are looking for team players, with a passion for building quality solutions and solving business problems through efficient software engineering.
What You Will Do?
• 8+ of experience in an application development role with a proven track record of delivering maintainable, quality solutions.
• Design, code and document applications in a WMB/IIB environment. Hands on with IBM ACE is a PLUS.
• Act as a Project Manager or work together to determines best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
• Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with security and architecture documentation objectives.
• Experience Understanding with different design techniques tools e.g. Top down structured analysis, component based design.
• Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
• Understanding of Automated Build Deploy process through Jenkins and familiar or experience with the DevOps Agile Methodology.
• Execute unit test, system and integration test.
• Exposure to Middleware technologies MQ Series, Cloud, Spring, PCF, OpenShift and IBM ODM (Operational Decision Manager).
• Worked with different programming language experience eg ESQL, JCL, Java, C, XML, UML.
• Knowledge of REST, JDBC, JCL, Java, Connector Architecture.
• Experience with AIX, Linux and Windows OS along with Databases DB2, client server SQL.
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of other correlated technologies such as Kafka, NiFi, Groovy, Python, Maven, Elastic stack (Logstash/Kibana/ElasticSearch).
• Knowledge of federated authentication (PingFed), Active Directory.
• Knowledge of deployment platforms such as Jenkins, Nexus, and IBM Urban Code Deployment (UCD).
• Usage of Unit Testing Framework/Automation.
What we Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – https://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law/
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.