An overview of the role
Motivated, collaborative and determined, you will lead the Architeture and design of solutions within Sterling OMS Platform for our clients. You’ll be responsible for ensuring IBM OMS plays nicely with other systems, such as eCommerce platforms, databases, ERPs, payment gateways, and Warehouse Management Systems (to name a few), to ensure stable, accurate data flow between applications.
Capgemini are leading the industry with the use of digital services, enhancing customer experience in CRM, Marketing, Commerce, business intelligence and Cloud services. Technologies are shaped for Enterprise clients to deliver solutions that provide core, forward-looking platforms for the next generations of business and rapidly enabling our clients’ new business opportunities, digital transformation initiatives and making customer relationship operations more relevant to today’s world.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
The responsibilities of the role will include and not be limited to:
- Leading the Architecture and Design of solutions
- Architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps to ensure optimal application performance
- Working with the Business and IT of our clients to understand current and future goals, recommend the technology stacks needed to meet those goals and collaborate on migration plans
- Providing leadership and guidance to technical and functional team members, including setting best practice guidelines and frameworks.
- Establishing best practice ways of working with client side and partner technical teams.
- Own the design and architectural outputs from initiation to sign off.
- Act as an escalation point for technical and design challenges.
- Review delivered products and work packages to ensure best practice is applied.
- Using your knowledge of the ecosystem to recommend solutions best suited to the platform.
- Provide input and steer to project and delivery plans.
- Support Sales teams to create an Architectural vision for new projects.
- Experience as a Technical Architect for IBM Sterling Order Management System, Manhattan Order Management, or related supply chain applications
- Comfortable leading the implementation of an Architecture with internal teams and partners, plus senior stakeholders within the client
- Architectural governance processes and practices, including owning artefacts such as decision and assumption logs. Certification in one or more architecture methodologies such as TOGAF would be an advantage
- Knowledge of modern Enterprise e-commerce architecture patterns and approaches and applying them in different client contexts
- Experience architecting Java based solutions, J2EE architecture and relevant relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL
- Knowledge of relevant security and compliance regulations
- Pre–sales experience such as leading the technical solution for bid submissions and presenting bids
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent presentation and facilitation skill
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.