Experience: 4 – 7 Years
This position provides the opportunity and challenge of working with a large matrixed technology organization responsible for delivering secure, reliable and available data center services to all the Business units.
Interface with clients
Clients include all of Technology Infrastructure sub-groups. The team will work with clients to identify requirements, manage expectations, and communicate progress / issues.
Interface with other Key Stakeholder
Work with Data Center Engineering, Networking, Storage, Voice and Corporate Services \ to define requirements for new facilities, address issues identified in existing facilities, and help address capacity needs.
Client requests consist of installation, decommissioning, and moves of technology infrastructure (servers, networking equipment, voice and multi-media equipment, storage equipment, technology appliances, etc.) within datacenter and co-location facilities. These tasks vary in scope from one device to hundreds of devices. The high-level steps for these events are:
· Provisioning of space/M&E/technology connectivity (network, voice, multimedia, and storage), etc. – There are a number of applications used for this function. The individual will need to become proficient in the use of these systems.
· CARS – Cabinet Allocation Reservation System
· REXS – Request Execution System
· PatchView – Cable Management System
· Net Disco –Network Management System
· SRS – Support Requisition System
· QIP – IP address management system
· Coordination of events between clients and vendors – The individual will work with clients to schedule events, identify equipment, work with vendors to prep equipment for installation, work with vendors to prep facilities prior to installation, etc.
· Physical execution of tasks – The individual will work with vendors, who perform the physical installation of equipment. The individual will perform basic configuration tasks on the associate equipment – eg. Switch port configuration, basic server configurations through remote console connections to enable automated builds, etc.
· Post execution communication to clients – After the physical installation and QA testing of equipment, the end clients are notified through various communication channels including, email, SRS system, telephone, etc. based on client’s request.
Produce metrics and reports to give transparency to management and clients.
Proactively involves key users in all stages of the project life cycle
Matches the resources devoted to a project with the needs
Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them
Manages expectations, building agreement for project milestones, timelines and measures of success
Communicates status and risks in a direct and open manner
Ensures the delivery of quality solutions within agreed upon timeframes and budgets
Ensures projects fit with broader organizational needs and issues
Communication and Influence:
Regularly shares important information with all appropriate groups
Communicates good and bad news candidly in a timely fashion
Encourages others to communicate within and across groups
Solicits and listens to others’ input and concerns and appropriately follows up
Guides group discussion towards consensus
Influences others to adopt a course of action
Adapts influence strategies to the needs and motives of the group
Uses judgment and experience to adapt processes and tools to projects
Maintains appropriate focus on scalability, performance, robustness, supportability, extensibility, compatibility and reusability
Balances use of tactical versus strategic solutions when required
Communicates architectural and technical vision to diverse audiences
Establishes accountability and ownership for project architecture
Communicates and demonstrates the need for adequate security and control
Basic understanding of networking, storage, compute and voice/multi-media technologies are required
Basic knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems and networking are required
Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel. Proficiency with rest of Microsoft Office suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer).
Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Must be detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
Highly developed verbal and written communications. Can communicate appropriately with all levels within an organization.
Reliability, accuracy and a team spirit are a must
Strong sense of ownership and accountability – Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within and meet deadlines
Strong client orientation – Individual must be able to interact with a highly demanding client base, communicate good and bad news, and proactively manage client expectations.
Strong Project Management skills – the individual needs to be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fluid environment with shifting priorities.
Strong organizational awareness skills – the individual needs to collaborate with a large technology infrastructure organization on a daily basis to be effective.
· Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting and analytic skills
· A broad understanding of enterprise level infrastructure technologies is preferred.
· Switches and Routers – EMC & Cisco Network, Storage, Voice and Multimedia
· Storage technologies – EMC, NetApp, and Hitachi storage devices
· IP voice and multimedia products from Cisco
· Compute platforms – primarily Dell, HP, Sun and OCP server products
· Structured cabling standards
· 3-5 years’ experience utilizing Data center, Systems and Network Administration skills
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now