POSITION TITLE: HR Operations Director – FS, North America
LOCATION: Rosemont, IL
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
knowledge of local employment labor laws and regulations is must have skillset.
As a member of the North American Financial Services (FS) HR Leadership Team, the HR Director will support the business and HR transformation by interfacing primarily with the local HR Business Partners, our offshore team in India, NA HR Services team, and FS NA HR functional teams like Compensation, Benefits, Recruitment, Payroll, Legal/ER teams. The position will be based in the Rosemont, IL office.
The breadth of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following functional areas:
- Manage transactions in the Employee Operations lifecycle including internal transfers, international mobility, pay changes, employee data changes, reorganizations and support high volume transactions such as bi-annual promotion cycle.
- Management and tracking of offshore activities, act as an escalation point for complex questions and provide solutions for complex issues
- Subject Matter Expert in the HR System, including knowledge of all HR transactions, interaction with internal and external interfaces and vendors. Advanced knowledge of employee data, troubleshooting and resolving complex system issues and answering data related questions and requests. Experience with SAP HRMS or Success factors is desired.
- Interaction and ongoing involvement in HR Projects that partner with Finance, IT, Benefits, Payroll, Legal, Facilities Payroll and external vendors
- Facilitate onboarding orientation sessions for new hires along with other HR team members
- Ensure documentation and implementation of involuntary separations, PIPs, disciplinary code of conduct actions etc. – this includes tracking severance agreements, severance schedule payouts via payroll, reporting to practices on severance liability on a monthly and annual basis.
- Oversee and ensure I-9 Compliance in the US for all new hires
- Provide support on all investigations and Department of Labor compliance requirements
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, management, or commensurate experience required
- At least 10-15 years of experience in an HR Operations/ HR Services function in a large, matrix, global company
- Experience in or exposure to HR software systems such as SAP
- A thirst and openness for learning; a “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to take initiative and continuously seek ways to improve existing processes
- Exemplary listening and comprehension skills; ability to listen, assimilate needs and formulate solutions that align with the business direction and our people strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical/decision-making skills
- Effective prioritization and time management discipline
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and initiatives
- Strong deliverable, project-based orientation; comfortable working to deadlines and maintaining responsibility for professional-quality presentations, reports, etc.
- Strong relationship development skills; demonstrated competence in knowing when to collaborate and negotiate and when to remain firm, all the while keeping the relationship intact
- Experience and ability to work with cross functional teams (finance, operations, legal, IT)