Holborn/Woking – other locations will be considered with occasional travel to London
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working within the Market Facing Units and Practices which is one of the major UK business communities.
The focus of your role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual that is looking for a new HR challenge. The successful individual will work within the Capgemini Core Services UK HR Manager Team and will play an integral part in advising, engaging and supporting our business.
There are two dimensions to the HR Manager role, the HR Engagement Manager involves providing HR support within a client facing generalist role and the HR Pillar Manager role provides specialist HR support within a functional capability pillar (performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management). This role is for a HR Engagement Manager.
The UK HR Manager Team operates a rotational model which supports, develops and encourages team members to move between client facing and specialist roles to enable ongoing career progression.
What you’ll bring
- A team player with proven successful experience in an HR generalist role with good understanding of employment law and strong case management experience (performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management) which balances the needs of the organization and mitigates risk
- Commercial focus with developing ability to articulate HR in terms of business benefit
- Able to challenge the “accepted practice” where appropriate and have drive for seeking out value add work.
- Track record of engagement, communication and influencing with business both verbally and written
- Ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple activities including case work and projects
- Provide stakeholder management with Business Leaders/Managers, HR Business Partners and other interfacing roles within the organisation
- Ability to analyse and visualise data, identify trends and provide solutions to business priorities
- Contribute and align to the UK HR BP activities and objectives including contribution and delivery on project activity
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel
- CIPD qualified
What you’ll do
- Provision of well-constructed advice and guidance on HR solutions, always promoting best practice & innovative thinking
- Daily use of HR data and management information to understand alignment of people and business priorities and identify where change/improvement can bring business and HR benefit.
- Strategic approach to triage of
- Sickness Absence Management HR cases
- Performance Management & Probation HR cases
- Disciplinary, Grievance or other Dispute issues including driving the resolution agenda
- Management of HR projects and initiatives including people management education & training
- Roll-out of Performance Review, Promotion and Pay Planning Provision of HR related training to business leaders
- Contribution to business area’s people agenda through projects and initiatives.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.