A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who You’ll be working with
Alongside the UK Business and Global Business Lines, Financial Services (FS) is one of the major UK business communities.
The focus of your role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual that is looking for a new HR challenge. The successful individual will work within the Capgemini Core Services UK HR Manager Team and will play an integral part in advising, engaging and supporting our business.
There are two dimensions to the HR Manager generalist role, which will involve providing HR support within a client facing generalist role and providing specialist HR support on employment matters such as performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management, restructuring.
This specific role will primarily deliver a client facing HR generalist role to the FS unit. The role will require a team member who can balance the HR needs of FS along with other client/project requirements within the broader HRM Team, flexibility and agility attributes are key to success in this role.
What you’ll do
- Provision of well-constructed advice and guidance on HR solutions, always promoting best practice & innovative thinking
- Daily use of HR data and management information to understand alignment of people and business priorities and identify where change/improvement can bring business and HR benefit.
- Strategic approach to triage of
- Sickness Absence Management HR cases
- Performance Management & Probation HR cases
- Disciplinary, Grievance or other Dispute issues
- Business restructuring
- Drive employee onboarding, Induction and initial settlement, Employee exit management along with feedback surveys
- Management of HR projects and initiatives including people management education & training
- Roll-out of Performance Review, Promotion and Pay Planning Provision of HR related training to business leaders
- Contribution to business area’s people agenda through projects and initiatives.
What you’ll bring
- A team player with proven successful experience in an HR generalist role with good understanding of employment law and strong case management experience (performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management) which balances the needs of the organization and mitigates risk
- Commercial focus with developing ability to articulate HR in terms of business benefit
- Able to challenge the “accepted practice” where appropriate and have drive for seeking out value add work.
- Track record of engagement, communication and influencing with business both verbally and written
- Ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple HR cases
- Provide stakeholder management with Business Leaders/Managers, HR Business Partners and other interfacing roles within the organisation
- Ability to analyse and visualise data, identify trends and provide solutions to business priorities
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel
- CIPD qualified
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
(OPTIONAL, DEPENDENT ON FLEXIBILITY FOR PART TIME WORKING)
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.